On Premise Activation Specialist is responsible for driving sales for Constellation Brands full Total Beverage Alcohol (Core and Craft & Specialty) beer portfolio at On-Premise retailers in an assigned geographic area. The assigned area of responsibility will be aligned with one or more of Constellation's top On-Premise wholesalers in a Constellation priority DMA. The individual will partner with an On-Premise Manager to set priorities and execute the business plan for On-Premise accounts in their area of responsibility.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with the owners and managers of the top 100 On- Premise accounts within area of responsibility.
* Maintain and expand sales of the Constellation portfolio through execution of On-Premise promotional activity in key designated accounts.
* Provides support and follow through for National and key Regional On-Premise account programming at the direction of the On-Premise Manager (e.g. program execution including closing mandated distribution gaps).
* Work with and assist the On-Premise Manager in building an On- Premise annual business plan including sales, distribution and promotional efforts.
* Assist Constellation Market Development Managers to develop the On-Premise component of his/her annual business plan including, sales, distribution and promotional efforts for that specific market.
* Identify, prioritize and activate with On-Premise retailers who align closely with Constellation's target demographic (keeps up to date with the primary hot spots for Millennials, high income and Hispanics).
* Execute draft beer initiatives in area of responsibility using knowledge of market to direct resources and effort.
* Measure the effectiveness of promotional and other volume driving / activation initiatives and suggest new approaches to overcome obstacles and improve the impact of these initiatives on sales results.
* Review, evaluate and suggest pricing programs in order to ensure Constellation's competitiveness in the market place.
* Provide point of sale material and training/education to key accounts.
* Conduct sales meetings for wholesaler on-premise management to increase the prominence of Constellation portfolio.
* Submit sales reports as requested by On-Premise Manager and provide market intelligence to help inform Constellation's approach to On-Premise retailers.
* Support, manage and proactively identify challenges that new product introductions face in area of responsibility.
* Identify and communicate to Market Development Managers supply chain wholesaler issues at key accounts to ensure proper follow up is performed.
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience is required (in lieu of degree, minimum of four years sales experience with a malt beverage supplier or wholesaler).
* Minimum two years Retail Sales Experience in the Beverage Alcohol Industry
* Complete understanding of the on-premise retail environment.
* Working knowledge of the promotional marketing process.
* Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
* Computer literate with the ability to skillfully use software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Ability to utilize e-mail programs such as Outlook and Business information reporting tools, especially Cognos 7/8.
* Malt beverage experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify both needs and opportunities.
* Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
* Demonstrated strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
* Strong math skills with ability to understand wholesaler margin, retailer cost of goods calculation and market discount structures.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
+ Must be able to stand, walk, sit
+ Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
+ Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
+ Climb or balance stairs/ladders
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
+ Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
+ Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
+ Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed
* Must be at least 21 years or age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Field Office - CT
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).