WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
With a small team and a rapidly expanding distribution footprint, Link Wines and Spirits, LLC is seeking an West Coast based Sales Manager to manage multiple states (CA,WA & OR) and thus must be willing to travel. This position requires a great self-starter, with established chain contacts and connections, an effective and enthusiastic team player who can also work independently, and an individual motivated to make a large impact on a small yet growing portfolio.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – Founded in 2013 by Brad Roberts and Craig Stoller, Link Wines and Spirits, LLC is a wine importer and brand management firm focused on strengthening our distribution network and our portfolio of world-class wineries. Our team is well-versed in all aspects of the industry, and we are known for our dedication and commitment to the brands we represent.
JOB OVERVIEW – LINK WINES is seeking a Sales Manager to manage a portion of our state geographic footprint. We seek someone who will be a significant contributor in the expansion of our distribution and chain sales. In this role, he/she would be responsible for developing and delivering volume and profit goals within the assigned territory. The Sales Manager interacts with distributors to negotiate annual plans, pricing and programming; monitors sales activities & reports; actively calls on key accounts and assists our distributors’ sales teams. This position reports to the National Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate will have established contacts and be able to seamlessly connect with our core philosophy, “Unbreakable Bonds”, and be able to translate this message into a relevant sales platform.
The Sales Manager will assist with all facets of promoting and growing the business as well as representing our vision in the marketplace. The applicant must be willing to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have an eye for details as well as a strong desire to contribute to the ‘big picture”. We believe that the more knowledgeable an employee is regarding all aspects of a company, the more effective they are in their position, and the more successful the company can be as a whole.
RESPONSIBILITIES - The number one goal is growing sales and distribution. Day-to-day activities include:
• Manage Distributor: Develop and negotiate annual distributor pricing and programming that deliver the goals. Monitor monthly, quarterly, and annual depletion, distribution and profitability goals and communicate with distributor to make sure we are tracking to goal monthly. Schedule and conduct quarterly distributor business reviews.
• Interface with trade accounts and distributor partners at all levels, educating them and building relationships to facilitate sales and create brand awareness. Work the assigned geographic territories with the distributor and be willing to make cold-calls and pound the pavement to drive PODs.
• Audit distributor bill-backs to make sure complying with programming, and take corrective action if needed.
• Monitor and interpret market data to identify opportunities and competitor strategies and provide insight to distributors and internal team.
• Identify new business opportunities, including key accounts, partnerships, events and promotions.
• Assist with development and execution of sales programs and marketing promotions. Present and clearly communicate programs to distributor sales teams.
• Help develop strategic and tactical plan for achieving goals. Anticipate trends, develop forecasts and budgets, and offer recommendations and ideas for expanding sales and distribution.
• Provide accurate and timely information necessary to improve business, including pricing, promotions, sales trends and other competitive activity as well as a reasonable action plan.
• Provide internal team with regular reports such as sales by market, key account performance, market work results, and weekly project updates.
We are looking for a dynamic person with strong sales abilities who can also assist with strategic planning and act as an educator, collaborator, facilitator and ambassador for the brands. Our business is located in San Luis Obispo, CA, but you will work remotely given the nature of your sales position.
• BA/BS degree with emphasis in Wine, Sales and Marketing preferred.
• Previous experience with a winery or importer.
• Goal oriented with a proven track record of achieving sales and distribution goals, increasing case volume/turn rates, developing relationships, creating programs, launching new products, growing new and existing business and managing business profitability.
• Experience calling on chain accounts, managing relationships with distributor sales team and management.
• Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills as well as the ability to motivate and inspire distributor reps and accounts and close deals.
• Strong analytical abilities to create and review budgets, evaluate impact of programming, ROI etc. Solid understanding of distributor pricing models.
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Exceptional verbal/written communication, customer service and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
• Impeccable attention to detail and time management.
• Must be able and willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Must have an acceptable driving history and travel as needed. Typically 55% of the time.
COMPENSATION - Salary will depend upon experience. Performance evaluation after 90 days. We offer medical where Link Wines and Spirits, LLC covers the majority of costs. Other benefits include bonuses/discretionary, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays.