We are a boutique, family-owned and operated winery recruiting for an Assistant Tasting Room Manager who can provide a world class experience that will set our tasting room experience apart. The Assistant Tasting Room Manager will assist in overseeing the daily operations of the Tasting Room while working under the Tasting Room Manager, ensuring that the team provides exceptional customer service, while promoting high-quality wines to make the experience at our winery memorable for every visitor walking through our doors.
- Greet visitors as they enter the winery and invite them for a tasting
- Coordinate with TR staff to efficiently manage visitors at all times ensuring all guests are provided excellent service.
- Provide the latest information on the wines, techniques, history and be able to respond to visitors questions
- Train TR staff on all information pertaining to wines and visitor experience
- Continue education with tasting room staff on systems and sales opportunities
- Work with the Tasting Room Manager to complete scheduling for all tasting room staff
- Effectively sell and train staff to sell wine
- Promote the Wine Club to all customers
- Provide exceptional service by referring other wineries and local restaurants, etc.
- Manage the opening/closing procedures for sales
- Manage the inventory of wines for tasting room daily use and sales
- Manage TR team by delegating necessary daily duties
- Update and organize tourism information and update tasting menus with upcoming events and newly released wines.
- Coordinate vineyard tours with winemaker as needed
- Maintain a friendly, warm and clean tasting room environment
BEHIND THE SCENE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean, organize and re-stock tasting room
- Work with the management team with regular communication of how the Tasting Room is operating and what is needed
- Coordinate with management team on Tasting Room staff monthly schedules
- Work with Tasting Room Manager to ensure all administrative duties for the Tasting Room are accurately completed
- Coordinate with management team on any suggestions of improvements for the overall Tasting Room experience
- Place orders for TR supplies as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 3 years winery, restaurant or retail experience
- Must be a team player and display a “show by doing” leadership attitude
- Must be highly motivated, independent and able to take directions from management
- Previous managerial experience in hiring, training, supervising and scheduling employees
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all team members
- Extensive knowledge of wines and wine production helpful
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to develop, implement and reach sales goals
- Ability to provide customers with an unforgettable wine tasting experience
- Must be able to work weekends, evening events and holidays
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Professional appearance and great attitude are a must
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be at least 21 years old