• Develop strong relationships with suppliers by maintaining clear and consistent communication and proactively engaging in identifying potential issues, resolutions and opportunities.
• Build annual brand plan/calendar to support sales objectives, aligning supplier and company goals.
• Work closely with sales to ensure brand strategies are translated into marketplace activities that drive results.
• Monitor and ensure achievement of brand plans; tracking performance against goal and communicating to sales team.
• Determine pricing strategies and continually evaluate price positioning, negotiating with supplier as necessary to achieve and maintain targets.
• Collaborate closely with supply chain department to forecast adequate supply for all sales programs and ensure that appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
• Provide monthly depletion reporting to suppliers; generate and participate in the delivery of supplier business reviews.
• Collaborate with the marketing department to develop initiatives that support brand objectives.
• Identify opportunity areas for growth by effectively using market research and competitive intelligence.
• Maintain strong awareness of marketplace and industry knowledge by surveying sales team, reviewing professional publications, and participating in key industry events.
• Organize effective supplier market work; including sales meetings, ride-withs, and special events.
• Collaborate with the wine education department to support education initiatives.
• Work with public relations department to promote brands through appropriate media avenues.
• Liaison with the accounting department to ensure supplier billbacks are appropriately directed and settled.
• Assist compliance department, as needed, to ensure federal and state regulatory compliance of brands.
• Participate in planning and preparation of annual national sales meeting; attends and presents brand initiatives
• Domestic travel as needed to maintain market and sales understanding by participating in trade tasting events, working with sales teams, and facilitating leading supplier visits.
• Occasional international travel (2-3x per year) to taste new releases, negotiate pricing and strengthen supplier relationships.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Arrives at work, appointments, meetings, and all work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Overtime work may be required, normal office environment; travel by airplane and automobile; occasional overnight travel
Telephone, fax machine, copier, computer, calculator, scanner
Lifting up to 40 lbs., bending, sitting, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in brand management.
• Must have minimum of 7 years' experience in the wine industry.
• Must have comprehensive product and category knowledge.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office Software.
• Results oriented professional with excellent communications skills - written, verbal and presentation.
• Bi-lingual, French
• Specialized industry knowledge and experience with Bordeaux and Burgundy categories
• WSET Advanced wine qualification or similarly industry qualification