Arrowine, located in Arlington Virginia, is looking for a Wine Consultant to join our team. We pride ourselves on offering the best artisan wines, beer cheese, charcuterie, and gourmet foods. Arrowine is consistently ranked as the top wine store in Virginia and one of the premier stores in the mid-Atlantic region. Whether a customer is looking for a $10 everyday bottle of wine or a rare collector’s bottle, Arrowine is the place to shop. For over 20 years our owner, Doug Rosen, has traveled the world looking for the best wines to offer to our customers. Arrowine was the first in the United States to offer our customers the wines from now legendary producers. Cedric Bouchard (Roses de Jeanne), Jerome Prevost, Emmanuel Lassaigne, Gerard Boulay, Jo Landron, Thomas Pico, Richard Maby, Natascha Chave are just a few. We have a saying at Arrowine, we don’t follow trends...we set them.
- All aspects of daily operations from open to close
- Assist customers in an engaging manner, whether in person, by phone, email or through social media. Ensure a positive, fun shopping experience over multiple channels and follow-ups. Client satisfaction must be your top priority
- Create, implement and maintain social media marketing campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Assist with on premises and off premises wine tasting events
- Fulfill orders, manage online and in-store inventory
- Operate a cash register and credit card terminal
- Critically taste wine and continually expand your knowledge
- Must be 21+
- Wine knowledge is required. WSET Level 2 Intermediate, CSW or equivalent, preferred
- Work 40 hours per week, nights and weekends as well as throughout the entire Holiday Season (November-January)
- You must be able to stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, reach, and lift, use a hand-truck if necessary, lift 50 pounds. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
- 2 years of retail experience preferred; special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in the wine industry
- Plan your day, set priorities multi-tasking and adjust to the vicissitudes of the actual workflow
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Familiarity with Shopify and MailChimp a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience, bonus potential based on performance.
- 401K with employer match
- Health and dental benefits
- Generous employee discount
- Paid vacation, sick, personal days and legal holidays
- Financial assistance with obtaining professional certifications and continuing education is also
- Paid travel to enhance product knowledge possible
Please send your resume and cover letter as to why you would like to work at Arrowine to Doug Rosen email@example.com