Hahn Family Wines is an independent, family-owned wine company focused on growing and producing ultra-premium and luxury wines of place. We source from our own estate in the cool climate areas of Monterey County and from select growers in California. We strive to be recognized among the best and win customers for a sustainable future.
Hahn Estate, located in Soledad, CA, is seeking an ambitious and dynamic full time Wine Club Manager to join our team. Hahn Estate is part of Hahn Family Wines, a family-owned wine company. Our Estate is located in Monterey County's Santa Lucia Highlands; one of California's premier and most highly-sought after appellations. Our beautiful property is located amidst the vineyards with a spectacular view of the Salinas Valley and the Pinnacles National Park.
We are looking for a motivated and positive self-starter who will work well with our small and cohesive team to take our Wine Club business, shipping and daily orders to the next level.
The successful candidate will be an expert at providing beyond expectation customer service, be very organized and able to effectively manage broad duties, and have the drive to sell and promote the Wine Club. Specifically, this person will demonstrate success by:
• Developing and executing strategic business plans to significantly increase sales and profits of the Wine Club e-channel and supporting Ecommerce
• Growing Wine Club membership dramatically by designing and implementing industry best practices, maximizing onsite conversions and undertaking creative marketing programs
• Retaining existing Hahn Estate Wineclub members through customer engagement, consistent follow-up and outstanding customer service, resulting in increased sales and longevity of membership
• Creating effective marketing programs including e-mail blasts, promotional materials, events, and packages for our members
• Planning & executing telemarketing campaigns in conjunction with the Director of DTC
• Actively managing the budget and P&L to deliver fiscal year goals
• Increase wine club membership, sales and profitability
• Offer beyond expectation customer service; internal and external
• Train and motivate retail sales staff to grow Wine Club membership and support activities, working closely with Tasting Room Manager and Assistant Tasting Room Managers
• Track business with Wine Club metrics (measures of success and reporting); create new ones as needed
• Develop Wine Club events; work with Director of DTC and Hospitality Supervisor to coordinate and execute
• Coordinate inventory and shipments to ensure flawless execution of quarterly wine club shipments and other campaigns
• Assist with customer shipments and follow-up for both tasting room and off-site sales
• Maintain all membership files
• Oversee compliance for shipments, in conjunction with Director of DTC
• Manage the development of marketing materials pertaining to the Club in conjunction with Director of DTC
• Coordinate with internal resources in relation to phone sales and wine shipments
• Work with Director of DTC with e-mail marketing programs, including developing offers and writing copy, with help of e-marketing team including pulling appropriate customer lists for telemarketing
• Manage tele sales campaigns
• Assist in managing in reporting of wine club incentives for wine club sign ups and email acquisition.
• Performs management duties and serves as the Manager on Duty (MoD) in absence of Tasting Room Manager and Tasting Room Assistant Manager. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following: coordinate staffing for scheduled ATV and walking tours; delegate rotating Tasting Room assignments to Tasting Room staff; troubleshoot problems; respond to questions and complaints from customers and staff; oversees and or performs daily operational functions for the Tasting Room.
Competencies and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least 2 years of experience in Wine Retail and/or Club Management (or equivalent) desired; exceptional, similar experience from outside the wine business welcome
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, CRM, Internet; Wine Direct or eWinery a plus
• Self-starter, clear communicator, team player, multi-tasker and highly organized
• Professional effective sales person with positive, flexible attitude and good sense of humor
• Wine knowledge and/or wine industry experience, preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish/English), preferred
• Valid driver's license with the ability to become Company Authorized Driver
• Ability to lift, move and carry up to 50 lbs., regularly
• Ability to occasionally travel and stay overnight as business necessary
• Ability to operate and drive company vehicles to conduct tours and travel to Napa, Carmel and off site events
• Clean DMV with ability to become and maintain status as Company Authorized Driver
• Must be able to speak with large groups, stand for prolong periods of time, walk, sit for prolong periods of time working on a computer; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach at shoulder height and above, reach with hands and arms; climb in/out of vehicles, stairs and ladders, walk on uneven payment or surfaces to give tours, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision
• Must be at least 21 years of age to sell alcohol with ability to smell and taste wine regularly
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.