Job Title: Tasting Room & Wine Bar Associate
Department: Hospitality, Direct-To-Consumer Sales
Reports To: Tasting Room Manager
Type of work: Part-Time, flexible, full-time potential. Weekends required.
Compensation: Hourly plus incentives
Job responsibilities will include:
• Confidently hosting a diverse range of guests at our tasting room and wine bar in downtown Sebastopol
• Educating guests about our story, natural winemaking & our wines
• Performing iPad sales transactions using the Square POS software platform
• Reconciliation of cash, which includes opening and closing procedures.
• Restocking and inventory of wine and non-wine items.
• All operational activities associated with running a retail wine business – cleaning, organizing, etc.
• Assisting with hospitality events on and off-site
• Other possibilities include: Helping with our Food Program, Private Events, Live Music Nights, and Arts programs.
Top applicants will possess:
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm towards job, customers, and co-workers
• Personable and approachable nature
• Ability to anticipate guest needs and provide exceptional service.
• Ability to demonstrate productivity and initiative.
• Wine & product knowledge, and ability to communicate and sell effectively.
• Dependability, timeliness, and attention to detail.
• True team mentality.
Bonus points if you:
• Have a formal wine education or serving experience
• Like spinning records
• Drink Northern Rhône reds in your spare time
Qualified candidates must be at least 21 years of age, be able to work weekends and evenings, lift 40+ lbs., have at least 1 year of wine tasting room experience, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to work extended hours during events.