Turnbull Wine Cellars is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and passionate leader to help manage our Tasting Room team. This is a full-time role, reporting to the DTC Manager.
This role is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Tasting Room, ensuring guests have the highest quality experiences, supervising and training staff, achieving sales results, and maintaining brand image.
Turnbull is a privately-owned winery, embedded in the history and culture of the Napa Valley since 1979. We craft some of the Napa Valley’s best wines in the heart of Oakville, sourcing from our four estate vineyards located in Oakville and Calistoga. Ours is a community of farmers, makers, hosts, and passionate, like-minded individuals who abide by a culture of respect and integrity in the workplace to allow one another to thrive professionally and personally in a rewarding environment.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Manage day to day operations of the Tasting Room, including but not limited to; opening/closing, ordering supplies, cleanliness/presentation, setting up for private tastings, etc.
• Oversee tasting experiences, ensuring that they are up to the Turnbull standard and that staff are always striving to elevate the guest tasting experience.
• Host private tours and tastings, walk-in Gallery tastings, and events as needed.
• Work with DTC Manager to develop and implement daily sales goals and strategies, wine club sales goals and design tasting programs, and assist with annual sales planning.
• Facilitate proper communication with customers, staff, and management regarding TR needs, shipping, inventory, visitations, etc.
• Work to develop and improve the training program for the various roles in the tasting room and tasting experiences.
• Mentor, coach, and train tasting room staff on sales strategy, POS system, reservation system, and overall duties.
• Manage reservation system to ensure staff coverage is ample for private tastings and events are booked in the system.
• Work with Marketing manager to ensure all collateral, menus, and printouts are accurate, on brand, and in stock.
• Be a brand ambassador, representing the Turnbull image, with professionalism and positivity to external and internal customers.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and carry up to 40lbs. This role is also required to work weekends, and some evenings or holidays.