We’re looking for a highly-motivated production manager with wine/spirits industry experience to manage all operations of the production of our alcoholic beverages. This role will involve a lot of "rolling up your sleeves" as well as critical thinking skills to plan production equipment, scaling up production of new SKUs, and managing the administration/compliance of shipping/receiving.
- Manage day-to-day operations, cleanliness, safety, etc. of the production facility
- Set up and operate mixing, bottling, labeling equipment
- Hire and manage production staff/assistants
- Manage administration including regulatory (TTB/ABC filings)
- Manage shipping/receiving process
- Work with R&D to develop novel scale-up processes
- Work with sales to create production planning schedules
**Who we’re looking for**
This is not a big production house; we're a scrappy start-up and need someone who can deal with ambiguity and create processes/protocols from scratch while still being methodical about traditional manufacturing processes. You should have strong verbal and written communication skills to manage your team and manage up/across various departments including R&D and sales.
That said, we place a lot of value on what you’ll bring to the team beyond skills. We have a wonderful family of misfits at Endless West, and we care deeply about company culture. Our teammates take their work seriously, but not themselves. In short: we don’t want empire builders. We seek humble, hungry people. In terms of qualifications, we're generally expecting 5-10 years of experience with at least two other companies in a production/supervisory role.
**Why Endless West?**
We’ve got the standard benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Commuter benefits
- Competitive compensation
-But in a town full of companies that sell prospective hires on happy hours and ping pong tables, here’s what we are uniquely able to offer:
A small, flat organization. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work, but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and grad school dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Glyph, our first product, is the world’s first molecular whiskey.
Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion — around the world.