PRECEPT WINE INTERNSHIP: MARKETING DEPARTMENT
Seattle-based Precept Wine is the largest privately held wine producer in the Pacific Northwest and a top 13 American wine producer. With deep roots representing more than 30 years of Northwest investments in the wine industry, Precept owns and maintains nearly 5,000 planted vineyard acres across Washington, Idaho, New Mexico and Oregon; such leading wine brands as Waterbrook, Gruet, Browne Family Vineyards, Canoe Ridge Vineyard, House Wine, Pendulum, Primarius, Washington Hills, Battle Creek Cellars, Ste. Chapelle, Cense, and Colby Red, plus tasting rooms and hospitality throughout the Pacific Northwest and New Mexico.
Seasonal Internships at Precept Wine (in our Eastlake corporate office, Seattle) offer a well-rounded snapshot of what it’s like to work for a dynamic, vertically integrated wine producer, while providing a solid understanding of the three-tier distribution system (on-premise, off-premise and direct-to-consumer). Most last approximately 150 hours over the course of 10-15 weeks (scheduled flexibly to fit student demands).
Marketing Internship opportunities in Brand Management, Communications and PR build practical career skills with relevant experience in marketing, events, social media, public relations, brand management and graphic design.
MARKETING INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
Interns will work on a variety of projects, making each day unique. Here is an example of various project responsibilities
Brand Management / Marketing
• Gain a solid understanding of the strategic planning process and tactical execution behind our nationally distributed wine brands
• Work closely with brand managers to develop essential marketing collateral and sales tools
• Assist in the preparation of presentation decks, sales sheets and other marketing collateral for brands
• Assist in Point of Sale coordination efforts for wine acclaim, displays, etc.
• Assist on back label copywriting and wine tasting note editing
• Coordinate sourcing, assembly and sending of marketing materials
• Assist with website updates
• Assist with some PR/Events projects
Communications / PR / Events
• Provide copywriting and editing support for internal communications and external press releases
• Assist with social media content creation for brands
• Track wine media coverage and wine acclaim/scores and update spreadsheets
• Provide event assistance: coordinating and executing trade, industry and consumer events
• Assist with media database collection and management
• Assist with mass wine (trade/consumer press) sending efforts that require technical paperwork, advance editorial permission, wine ordering, packing and shipping
• Assist with some brand management projects
COMMITMENT & PERKS
• 150-hour commitment in Precept Wine’s Seattle office (10-15 weeks, 10-15 hours per week)
• Hours may also be accrued through evening/weekend events or hospitality trips
• School credit is available where allowed (via advisor-led internships in your department) OR Stipend upon successful completion of internship
• Ongoing wine education and tasting opportunities (for students age 21 and over)
• Open to all majors
• Strong work ethic - responsive, timely and thorough with clear follow-up
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple project requests
• Computer literacy: MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Attention to detail; organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Analytical skills a plus
• Physical Ability: Lift up to 40 pounds (case of wine+
• 21+ years of age preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter stating specific area of interest, time frame and/or quarter of availability.
We look forward to hearing from you!