Do you love wine? We do! Gary's Wine & Marketplace, an upscale wine and food market, is looking for Wine Associates for our new Napa Valley store.
Gary’s Napa is the flagship location for Gary’s Wine & Marketplace. What sets us apart is our commitment to attentive service by a knowledgeable staff and an incredible selection of wine, beer, spirits, and specialty foods.
The ideal candidate will have extensive wine knowledge and a continued passion for learning, plus a professional "can-do" attitude and energy.
The wine associate is expected to serve as an expert who will provide outstanding service to assist guests in finding wines to meet their needs. This requires a thorough knowledge of our priority items, wine pairing, wine regions, and wine prices. As needed, the wine associate will attend/conduct tastings, place special orders, be responsible for creating/building displays and other duties, as listed below. Having a wine certificate is a plus.
• Sell wine, especially priority items, using a high level of knowledge
• Greet and engage our guests in a warm, welcoming manner and assist them with purchases, selection or general inquiries; make guests aware of store events and special tastings
• Know products being promoted online and in our media advertising
• Promote signups for Gary’s Cards and Wine of the Month
• Accurately estimate party orders
• Attend tastings, read periodicals, show a dedication to increasing wine knowledge, including trends in the wine industry
• Have knowledge of food and wine pairings
• Help select items for gift baskets when needed, and cross-promote giftware and gourmet items.
• Build, update and restock displays; ensure that shelves are fully stocked and organized at all times, shelves are clean and dust free, and wine deliveries are quickly put away
• Print and display POS signage and shelf tags
• Monitor vintage changes – make sure appropriate steps are taken when new vintages arrive
• Perform inventory counts as requested
• Conduct consumer tastings at the tasting counter, following sampling protocol and keeping tasting station neat and clean.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of management
• Minimum 3-5 years wine sales
• Have an established local client base portfolio
• Must be energetic, organized and self-motivated
• Attention to detail with exceptional follow up skills
• Continue to establish local relationships through community events and activities
Retail hours include working on weekends, some nights and holidays so applicants should have a flexible schedule. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
We offer a friendly working environment. We offer medical benefits, a retirement plan with company contribution, a generous employee discount and opportunities for travel and advancement.
If you are interested, please apply online at: