The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager, Concannon Vineyard- Hospitality in Livermore, CA location, the Host/Hostess will greet arriving guests, welcomes them into the establishment and promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the tasting room. The host/ess is the first person the guest sees. As a result, the appearance, mannerisms, and personality of the host exemplifies the very first guest impression and response of our establishment. The Host/ess should possess wine bar and/or restaurant experience, should have a super-charged, customer-focused attitude, and a vibrant enthusiasm for wine and food and the wine lifestyle.
* California has thousands of tasting rooms, but only the best offer new and unforgettable experiences. Delighting and surprising our customers with a fantastic experience at our winery is at the center of our attention and must be yours as well
* Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times
* Under limited supervision, promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room
* Greet all visitors and pours wine for tasting
* Describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery history and provides general tourist information.
* May also conduct guided tours
* Handles routine purchase transactions, which includes operating a cash register and accounting of daily sales and bank deposits
* Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience as a Host/ess
* Professional appearance and demeanor when dealing with guests and vendors
* Experience working with fine wine and food in a customer service focused environment - proven customer service skills is a must
* Sound general wine knowledge with a commitment to excellent knowledge and enthusiasm for the wines served in our wine bar and tasting room
* Highly motivated, hospitality- and sales-driven with an outstanding work ethic
* Experience in making weekly schedules for restaurant staff
* Works well with others at all levels and departments
* 21 years of age or older with a valid CDL
* Must have ability to become ServSafe certified
* Must be or become TIPS certified
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms
* Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
* Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description