Target Start Date: Immediately
Bravante Vineyards, on Howell Mountain in Napa Valley, is dedicated to producing ultra premium, handcrafted wines in tandem with nature. The vineyard estate provides an impeccable source of Bordeaux varietals including Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon from which our award winning wines are produced in our state of the art, on site, winery and aged in our naturally perfect aging conditions cave.
We are looking for a skilled Harvest team member to join us this year and experience our techniques. This person will not only learn from one winemaker but have the benefit of a team of three highly skilled and award winning winemakers to gain knowledge and experience from.
This position will be expected to perform beginning to intermediate cellar operations with supervision during
Harvest season.Responsibilities include:
• Handling grape deliveries and participate in cluster sorting.
• Operate wine press, de-stemmer, optical sorter, crushers and must pump.
• Operate forklifts.
• Perform routine operations such as racking, transfer and clarify juice and wine.
• Perform maceration operations during red fermentation (pump over, délestage, etc)
• Monitor fermentations.
• Collect wine/juice samples.
• Support the laboratory by conducting routine analysis and data entry, particularly on grape samples.
• Perform intensive barrel work (stirring, stacking, de-stacking, racking, filling, cleaning)
• Participate in tastings and discussions with the Winemaking team.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Languages: English required.
Professional experience & know how:
• Passion to learn from some of the best winemakers in the industry.
• Knowledge or ability to learn safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals
• Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures
• Ability to be trained in confined space entry process and procedures
• Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.