Medlock Ames produces world-class wines from 100% estate-grown, organic grapes from the Bell Mountain Vineyard which straddles Alexander Valley and the Russian River Valley. Our 55 acres of vineyards are farmed organically and the winemaking is powered by solar energy. Dedicated to sustainability, the preservation of the land is at the core of all we do, which comes through in our award-winning wines. Our tasting room and ranch are both located in Healdsburg.
Nearing our 20th anniversary, we are in a period of transition getting ready for a new era of significant growth. This is a dynamic role, with potential for growth, for an intellectually-curious individual looking to expand their marketing experience in the wine industry. You will wear several hats and touch all aspects of our operations as the primary champion of our brand DNA. This role will bring to life our vision and mission in everything we do and be a consummate storyteller. They will also be the champion of our design aesthetic and positioning, ensuring consistency across all consumer- and trade-facing channels. This is a full-time position that will manage all aspects of our marketing mix as we continue to grow our brand. Being a team player and problem-solver is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, but not limited to:
• Build multi-year marketing strategy and brand plan in partnership with President based on analytics and creative thinking along with tactical execution. Prepare and manage marketing budget to deliver annual sales goals.
• Oversee all submission of wines for scores, tracking, and publication, immediately publicizing all scores across our consumer-facing platforms
• Manage creation of content and asset development for use on social media, at tasting room, website and partner sites
• Ongoing management of look, feel and content of Medlock Ames website
• Drive strategy and manage execution of Social Media plan, including ensuring all tone, content and visuals are in line with brand DNA. Evaluate post performance and evolve strategy to ensure engagement and reach increases
• Lead all efforts for PR outreach and inbound PR inquiries, including management of any PR agencies
• Drive partnership activities for greater brand awareness and driving traffic to Bell Mountain and our tasting room
• Support all events in creation of marketing materials and ensuring standardized advertising across all channels
• Provide marketing support at winery events
• Work with project owners to ensure timely recaps and ROI analysis of all events and marketing programs
• Be champion of brand standards, preserving brand equity in everything we do
• Manage all aspects of the marketing mix. Work in partnership with President to bring to life the brand DNA in everything we touch
• Manage and execute promptly additional marketing projects as requested
• Must be highly organized with an impeccable attention to detail and able to work in a multi-task environment
• BA/BS required
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of marketing experience with at least 1 year of wine industry experience in marketing or hospitality
• Creative and driven to bring vision to reality with experience in briefing agencies or designers
• Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work independently
• Flexible and team-player attitude with a desire to work in a growing and changing environment