The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we strive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
The Operations Analyst will provide support to the Westfield production team in forecasting and analyzing short- and long-term production planning. This position will deliver forecasts with business insights on a regular basis as well as in response to ad-hoc data requests. This individual will play an integral role with responsibility for ensuring that all forecasts are based on reliable information and rigorous analyses, including uncertainty analyses, and that short- and long-term forecasts are aligned. The Analyst will update and maintain KPI's and will be cross trained to backup other essential functions of the planning department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Perform business analysis as directed to optimize production schedules, as well as finished goods and raw material inventories
* Perform ad-hoc data collection and analysis
* Recommend improvements to existing or planned production/operations processes
* Partner with purchasing for production needs and planning
* Purchasing of raw materials, product ingredients, and other essential materials for wine making
* Monitor tanker flow in and out of facility to process weigh tickets and bills of lading
* Generate the bi-monthly tax paid removals
* Assist in monthly NYS excise tax reporting
* Complete documentation for compliance to TTB standards
* Perform physical inventories of various ingredients and raw materials as required
* Inputting daily production, shipping, and receivables into J.D. Edwards
* Generate various efficiency and productivity reports
* Cross-train to backup other plant job functions as needed
* This job description reflects management's assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
* Three or more years of experience within supply chain, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, transportation and/or finance
* Analytical abilities with reliance on data to drive decisions and the ability to conceptualize solutions
* Advanced PC skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Extremely detail oriented
* Ability to be a team player in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Must be able to juggle multiple priorities with tight deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal
* Must be self-motivated, articulate, empowered, and creative
* Ability to work independently, with a minimum of supervision.
* Knowledge of or ability to be trained in TWG software programs. J.D. Edwards/ERP experience preferred
* CPG and/or wine industry experience preferred
* Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values (Long-term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible & Trustworthy), and keep them in mind when making all decisions
* Ability to travel between facilities when required
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in rare circumstances
* Primary work activities are within an office environment
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description