The primary role of the Membership & Partner Relations Associate is to guide and assist our Partners with the Partner Program, winery experiences and benefits, quarterly wine distributions, wine clubs, wine credits and additional wine purchases by phone and e-mail in a way that exceeds their expectations. In addition, candidates must possess the ability to provide a high level of personal service to our Partners and an aptitude to sell wine. In reference to partners, specific responsibilities include fostering a one-on-one relationship (as scalable) with our partners.
• Support Partnership Team as a contact for our existing partners in a sales and customer care capacity. Proactively maintain relationships with our Partners by email and phone. Process daily orders and communication in a timely manner in addition to sales inquiries from our direct mail, electronic mail and other campaigns.
• Assist in the implementation of partner programs utilizing CRM information to gain valuable insight on our partners.
• Identify opportunities to improve the partner experiences and increase sales.
• Identify and execute new areas of business. Examples include corporate gifts, business partnerships and other non-traditional programs to create Direct to Consumer opportunities.
• Handle other assigned tasks, responsibilities and projects as needed.
Partner release Shipments:
• Work with the team to process the schedule of releases for the partner wine sample shipments. Process from start to finish the distribution of the partner wine sample shipments. Monitor and update Partners addresses, credit cards, and accounts. Monitor the inventory to ensure each wine is available for release.
• Communicate details on quarterly Partner Wine Sample Shipments – communicate timing, reconfirm shipping addresses, make an effort to sell additional wines, bill for shipping and identify pick-up Partners. Coordinate execution of the Sample Shipments with the Shipping Department.
• Work with others and personally keep existing partners contact information correct in our systems to include ensuring contact and billing details are accurate for partner releases.
Partner Planning Meeting – Work with the Partner and Event team to create a memorable event that produces wine sales, while coordinating the small details our partners will expect at each event.
Partner Services and Wine Sales: Participate in each direct sales campaign. Identify, target, and continue to foster relationships with our Partners. In advance of wine release shipments, participate in outbound communications. Actively initiate and implement outbound sales campaigns.
Wine Club, Winery Event Participation and Personal Experiences: The Partner Relations Associate will be a part of our member and partner experiences. Assist with collecting reservations and assist with set-up, registration, hosting, and most importantly, sales at each event.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the winery, brand messaging and products to include wines, membership programs, retail items, holiday gift programs, and seasonal promotional offers.
• Sell wine and promote HALL, WALT, BACA via telephone, email and online orders, inquiries, and requests. Learn and understand shipping laws as they relate to direct sales.
• Utilize the CRM database to create innovative uses of customer data to enhance partner relationships while adding incremental revenue to the DTC group.
• Keen grasp on technology and leveraging CRM
• Heavy administrative record keeping and business operations standards including updating Salesforce contact records, order management including processing, refunds, fulfillment, case management, etc.
• Create and update Excel Spreadsheets and databases.
• Serve as a go-to resource for user assistance and issues with Magento, our Order Management and Ecommerce platform across all business channels including tasting rooms, wholesale, and fulfillment
• Complete other duties, projects and responsibilities as required by the winery.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or similar degree preferred.
• 2-3 years of sales experience, preferably in a wine, beer or spirits related business OR equivalent luxury hospitality experience. Experience in Direct to Consumer Sales and/or high end customer service a plus.
• Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Enjoy telephone work and engaging our Partners with genuine care and a sophisticated delivery
• Highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment with strict attention to detail
• Ability to manage your “business” with a focus on prioritization and multi-tasking.
• Must be a dependable team-player and a highly motivated autonomous worker who can maintain project deadlines and a sense of urgency.
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at an intermediate level.
• Above average understanding of CRM and Software as a Service (Cloud) systems.
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the policies of HALL Wines.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Hours & days required:
Full-time Hourly position working Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays but must be flexible to work different days and hours as required. There are at least 5 occasions throughout the year when this person assists with events at the winery.