Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: This position is designed to achieve maximum sales potential for eight wine brands in a defined region of Southern California (defined by the areas of West Los Angeles County) by meeting or exceeding assigned territory sales goals within budgeted expenses.
The successful district manager will identify and respond to opportunities that build and enhance brand equity in the market in the long term, as well as maximize sales in the short term. This position must uphold the integrity of the company by following its guidelines and meeting its expectations, goals and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for guiding direct accounts regarding offerings and strategically planned sales cycles for all releases
• Maximize sales potential, as measured by sales within a defined region of Southern California
• Maintain a long-term growth strategy with key wholesale contacts on a quarterly basis
• With Regional Sales Manager, establish annual sales plan by month and by item for each market to be reviewed quarterly
• Manage and grow the broad market account base within assigned territory
• Increase market demand and acceptance through targeting and opening of new accounts, increasing sales to existing accounts and shifting offers to existing accounts as the market demands
• Partner with the Marketing Department to create and implement several DP-specific trade tastings and launches in major markets
• Work as a member of the Southern CA team and contribute to the existing high collaborative and friendly culture
• Be alert to market trends that may indicate DP’s need to evaluate its current distribution network for improved sales and to better service customers in the market
• Become an active member of the wine community through frequent and positive interaction with key buyers through account calls, event participation and social media
• Recommend and implement decisions based on results of analysis that enhance the equity of DP brands
• Manage the wine dinner, staff training and tasting within your territory
• Recommend and substantiate budgeting needs, sales tactics and strategies and appropriate size of account base, pricing, on/off mix, etc.
• Proficient with all mechanics of DP allocations, shipping, computer software and philosophy
• Possess advanced wine knowledge with CSW, WSET II type of certification
• BA in Business or related field
• Minimum 4 years of sales experience in wine industry
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Good math skills
• Good computer skills
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, defined as time out of office visiting accounts and hosting events
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with a resume and letter of introduction.