The Payroll Accountant is an experienced accounting professional with thorough knowledge of full-cycle payroll and accounting principles and practices, with a strong emphasis on the wine industry and winery practices. This role will work collaboratively with Human Resources & Accounting to facilitate bi-weekly payroll processing and accounting support as needed.
• Responsible for all Bi-Weekly Payroll Functions using ADP Workforce Now; Ensuring that the calculation of earnings and deductions are accurate and completed on time, in compliance with Federal, State & local laws.
• Process payroll information associated with newly hired employees, terminated employees, wage verification, withholding allowances, pay rate changes, status changes, benefit deductions, payroll garnishments, and direct deposits. Determine Pre-Tax as well as Post-Tax deductions as prescribed by Company Benefit Policies.
• Manage holiday pay and holiday time auditing.
• Work with ADP payroll specialist to audit vacation and sick time accruals, discrepancies, and employee inquiries.
• Manage Payroll Inbox. Respond to payroll inquiries and requests by employees and other internal and external users of payroll data. Research and troubleshoot payroll discrepancies and resolve any payroll related issues.
• Responsible for ensuring that federal and state payroll reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually) are filed timely and accurately, coordinating with ADP as necessary.
• Responsible for Year-End accurate and timely reporting of employee W-2s. Review the W-2s, W-3, Form 940, and other year-end reports prepared by ADP.
• Review and maintain the ADP database for employee payroll data. Maintain physical employee payroll files.
• Review, verify, and ensure proper accounting and accuracy for all payroll transactions, benefits, and accruals. Contact and resolve with ADP any discrepancies and related questions.
• Calculate and input hours worked into ADP as required for reporting to the California unemployment agencies. Review the forms and information prepared by ADP for accuracy.
• Research stale un-cashed payroll checks, setting up time frames according to State Regulations for abandoned property, and the treatment of such items. Discuss with the Accounting/HR Manager on Best Practice Procedures for tracking and reimbursing to the State un-cashed payroll checks based on current regulations for stale un-cashed checks.
• Responsible for annual audit schedules and work with any inquiries by auditors for areas of responsibility on Payroll. Be the liaison with ADP, TIAA-CREF, unemployment offices, IRS, state, and other outside agencies on payroll matters.
• Perform any Special Projects (and other duties as assigned) requested.
• Provide support for Concur, Commuter Program, and Employee reimbursements as needed
• Cross-train on all modules for A/R, A/P, PA
• Assistance with A/R and A/P as needed
• Ability to present training sessions to small groups of co-workers
• Possess a B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or similar field, from an accredited 4-year college or university or equivalent experience.
• 5 + years with high volume payroll in a multi-state environment preferred.
• ADP Payroll Processing experience highly recommended.
• Be proficient with Microsoft Excel; pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros
• AMS & Concur knowledge a plus
• Highly organized with an eye for detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on deadline.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
• Proven desire and ability to think creatively in the role.
• Positive attitude and self-starter with the ability to forge relationships and add value to the team.
• Ability to work highly sensitive and confidential material and respect the confidential nature of all material.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Timely Recording Keeping in Workforce Now – ADP
Boisset Collection is an innovative, eco-minded, dynamic company with family roots in France and California. Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Please apply online at the link below and submit your resume today to be considered for this exciting career opportunity.
Or email email@example.com
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019.