Job Title: Tasting Room Hospitality & Sales Associate
Job Location: Healdsburg, CA
Open positions: 2 part-time and 6 seasonal part-time
VML & Truett Hurst wineries are seeking enthusiastic, passionate, adaptable and hard-working individuals to join our tasting room team. This is a part-time position or seasonal full-time, ranging anywhere from 2-4 days per week. Weekends and some nights are a must.
• Friendly demeanor, strong sales history, and positive attitude
• Excellent hospitality, customer service, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, anticipate guest needs and provide exceptional service.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate initiative.
• Must have weekend, holiday and some evening availability
• Must be 21 years of age and have professional appearance and demeanor
• Appreciates the beauty found in wine
• Ability to lift and carry up to 45-50 pounds
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Greet all visitors in a friendly, welcoming manner
• Pour and describe wines, relate wine knowledge and sell effectively
• Cares for each guest with the same utmost respect while curtailing their tasting experience to the individual
• Maximize opportunities for wine sales and new wine club memberships
• Creates an unforgettable experience for the guest
• Perform bar duties- buffing glasses, stocking wine, engaging with customers, and ringing in orders
• Shows initiative and ownership over the property & space – identifying when something needs doing, and doing it.
• Maintain wine & non-wine inventory levels in the tasting room. Initiate reorder of items through the manager.
• Dependability, timeliness, and attention to detail.
Position reports to Tasting Room Manager
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Hourly + wine club & tasting room bonus’
How to apply: email resume and cover letter, please no phone calls