Our family owned Winery seeks an ambitious, dynamic, highly motivated sales professional to further develop our healthy business in New England Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• In conjunction with Manager, create, implement, manage, monitor and track programs by developing field sales action plans, to support and guide distributor organization to achieve attainment of monthly and annual volume goals at distributor level
• Establish and meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements and developing annual sales quotas for territory; prepare annual budget by projecting expected sales volume and profit for Hahn Family Wines; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
• Conducts monthly distributor reviews measuring results by brand. Review sales and account sold performance compared to goal
• Actively work the sales territory by presenting and selling to key accounts individually and with distributor representatives
• Coach, train and motivate distributor personnel and market accounts to achieve company goal objectives
• Cultivates long-term sales relationships with key wine buyers to maximize sales and conveys company objectives and marketing strategy to distributor and market
• Conducts sales meetings and training sessions to educate distributor sales force, trade and consumers on Hahn Family Wines portfolio
• Ability to manage, participate in and represent Hahn Family Wines at Special Events and Tastings
• Maintains sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
• Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies and merchandising solutions in new and existing accounts; analyzes trends and results to provide team with timely feedback and corrective action
• Complete and maintain all records of activities as required by company policy, procedures and direction.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Competencies and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum 7 years industry sales experience required, with preferably 3 years wholesaler management and a proven track record of effectively managing sales, profits and customer relationships
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field; or the equivalent combination of formal education and/or training and 7 years wine related sales experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of fine wines. WSET, CSW certificate, a plus
• Experience calling on all channels and strong retail/on premise account relationships in New England
• Understands and adheres to state compliance and liquor laws
• Excellent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate a creative “can-do” approach to duties and responsibilities to inspire and motivate successful teamwork to meet or exceed goals
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team atmosphere
• Ability to reason well and to solve problems logically and thoroughly
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude with professional demeanor and attention to detail and follow up
• Strong demonstrated ability to develop, implement and execute presentations to secure sales and distribution in local market accounts
• Ability to speak effectively in front of large groups and stay calm under pressure
• Good math skills; ability to perform calculations and discounts; verify depletions
• Extremely organized, highly motivated and adaptive to a fast-paced environment
• Must manage multiple programs within budgetary guidelines, including pricing & T&E
• Good phone skills and technical proficiency with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint). Diver & Trade Pulse, a plus
• Valid driver’s license, clean DMV and proof of valid automobile insurance
• Core schedule Monday-Friday
• Based in the Boston area with ability and desire to travel by land, train and air for meetings, market visits & presentations
• Required travel 30%. Must be able and available to work evenings, weekends and occasional travel overnight
• Due to nature of this position, all candidates must be at least 21 years of age
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly required to talk and hear, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, walk and work on a computer. Use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee frequently is required to taste and smell, climb or balance stairs/ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or repetitively carry and move, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds to stack wine cases. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, distant and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hahn Family Wines offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity & a comprehensive benefits package. Core health insurance components include medical, dental & vision. Additional benefits include life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO) and holidays. Applicants please email a cover letter with salary requirements and your resume. Indicate “New England Regional Manager” in subject line of your email. Only resumes that include salary requirements will be considered.