Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar.
In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts leading wine brand, Bonterra Organic Vineyards.Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American selections such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, and the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Recently, Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey and Bourbon.
In the newly created role of Brand Development Manager, you will identify and execute strategies and programs for the Casillero del Diablo brand, one of Chile’s most prominent premium wine exports. Casillero del Diablo is the principal brand of Chilean wine company Concha y Toro globally, and a core brand for Fetzer Vineyards. Twice named the #2 most powerful wine brand in the world, Casillero del Diablo leads the Chilean 750ml segment in dollar and volume sales in the United States.1 1 Rooted in a mysterious 19th Century legend, the wines of Casillero del Diablo reflect the adventurous spirit of Chile and the unique terroir of the Valle Central.
In this role, you will drive significant results and visibility in key off premise regional and chain accounts as well as develop/synthesize off premise chain business plans that integrate marketing and sales activities and or/uniquely leverage account-specific tools to drive our strategies. Using sales, distribution, demographic, consumer insights, IRI data, you will identify areas of opportunity with high potential gain from focused marketing efforts.
Reporting to the Sr. Brand Manager – Casillero del Diablo, you will work closely with regional and district managers on customized chain programming. This includes making frequent trips into the field to observe market characteristics/trends and to meet with and present to buyers of regional and local off premise chains.
This is a virtual role, which requires the ability to travel nationally 60%-70% of the time. While we are flexible as to where the person resides, the ideal candidate would be in Miami or Tampa, Florida, New York City, New York or Atlanta, Georgia. Secondary preference is to those located in New Jersey, Virginia, North Carolina or South Carolina.
• Execute marketing promotional plans that are efficient and effective in the different channels across the U.S—off premise chains, both regional and national; independents; on premise—reaching the identified consumer targets consistent with the Casillero del Diablo brand strategy.
• Coordinate execution of trade marketing programs to ensure floor space within the different distribution of channels in coordination with Fetzer Vineyards trade marketing, sales and distributor teams.
• Monitor performance and effectiveness of marketing initiatives in both local and national accounts.
• Manage budgets of local programming and POS.
• Identify top practices for new product rollout within accounts and support new product development efforts.
• Recommend plans, costs and benefits of opportunities to the national trade marketing manager, director of marketing and regional directors.
• Present programs and execution plan to local distributor key account managers.
• Work closely with marketing, field sales, retail account managers, national account managers, distributors and our internal graphics design group.
• Be accountable for adherence of marketing plans to trade marketing budget and ensure compliance with all Fetzer Vineyards budget controls and procedures.
• Coordinate all special events and key trade opportunities for the Fetzer Vineyards sales team.
• A bachelor’s degree and a minimum three to five years related account management or sales experience or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Current or prior chain account experience required and keen awareness of consumer demographic and preference trends and the mechanics of selling in to retailers, distributors and storeowners.
• Identification of wine styles (Structured External Tastings).
• Good written communication skills including the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, business correspondence and presentations necessary to satisfy job requirements.
• Good oral communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public. Must articulate in a professional and personable manner in order to be a strong leader and partner to Fetzer Vineyards customers and trade.
• Good time management skills
• Bilingual English/Spanish, a huge plus.
• Current valid driver’s license.
• Travel required approximately 60-70% of time.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
Our California winery operation includes Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs nearly 330 across the US. with the corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
(1) Global Wine Brand Power Index, 2019
1 IRI/TTL US/750ML/$ Sales, Vol Sales, Distribution/L52 Wks W/E