Perform various tasks to include chemical testing of juices and wines, collection of samples, monitoring fermentations in tanks and barrels, testing berry samples for maturity, posting of results to forms and computer data base, and set up and clean up in production tasting areas. As time allows, also work in other departments to gain experience in other areas of wine industry.
* Perform chemical tests on juices and wines as directed.
* Monitor fermentations (Brix and temperature) in tanks and barrels.
* Test berry samples for maturity level (Brix, pH, acidity).
* Post results to data sheets and make copies for distribution.
* Collect samples as directed.
* Other tasks as assigned by lab supervisor.
* College degree in scientific field preferred, but not required.
* Previous lab or winery experience strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with wet chemistry lab techniques.
* Strong organizational skills to efficiently collect and organize samples for analysis and tasting.
* Willingness to undertake a diversity of job assignments that may vary from day to day.
* Ability to accurately transcribe numerical results from work sheets to other forms and computer data base.
* Good interpersonal skills with ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to work either day or swing shift as assigned.