If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
The Category Manager plays a pivotal role in developing Constellations Brands (CBI) business in the retail chain environment. This individual will support the sales and analytical efforts through; fact-based sales presentations, IRI reports, and selling solutions. The Category Manager will also work closely with the Client's Category Buyer in providing IRI information, category management work, recommendations, planogram and promotional item discussions. This person will be proactive in developing reports, scorecards and space management store modular's that will help grow our business and defend our brands. The Category Manger will also play a pivotal role in providing support & information to the category sales team on CBI brand performance, competitive opportunities, and trends.
In market training and relationship development
* Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with key account. Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities throughout the retailer.
* Support will include all aspects of category management including data analysis, planogram maintenance and special projects.
* Drawing and validating planograms in a timely manner
* Various Ad Hoc reports requested by Merchant and Team Leads
* Partner with CBI retailer sales teams to understand brand health and needs
* Work with retailers to assist them with analysis and understanding of their wine business to meet retailers goals and CBI strategy and goals
* Work with Strategic Insights to utilize syndicated and local/field/distributor resources to correctly cluster stores to drive assortment and promotional planning. Be able to analyze and understand consumer data.
Administration and analysis
* Create compelling fact based analysis on CBI portfolio; depletion reports, consumer data, base line distribution opportunities, and promotional opportunities.
* Create templates to run monthly scorecards.
* Become an expert in applicable retail data system, and create and run ad hoc reports for fact based sales presentations, category management analysis, business analysis, etc
* Ensure required reports are turned in timely and as necessary
* Assist the Sales team in conducting category assortment analysis to make recommendations to retailers on how they can improve their assortment by category Recap new item and planogram performance along with selection
* Bachelor's Degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable (min. 5yrs)
* CPG experience preferred, alcohol and beverage industry knowledge a plus and category management certification preferred but not required
* Strong Microsoft Suite skills (Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) with ability to manipulate and create and manipulate pivot tables. Ability to put together compelling, easy to understand, visually appealing presentations.
* Space Management Software experience in Apollo and or Space Planning is required
* Syndicated Data experience with IRI, Nielsen insights data is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability of strong analysis skills
* Strong communication skills; with ability to articulate effectively both verbally and in written form and build relationships quickly
* Must manage time and prioritize tasks. Work in a team environment but be highly motivated with the ability to work independently. Results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic, fast paced environment with changing priorities.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
* Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision.
* Must be able to work in an office environment primarily but periodically required to work in a warehouse environment with variable temperatures and lighting
* Should be able to lift 40 lbs. on occasion
Field Office - NH
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).