If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
Constellation Brands is building the preeminent fine wine and spirits selection in the market, and is looking for only the best luxury tier beverage alcohol professionals in the industry. We are seeking a business leader with an established record of luxury brand building performance to deliver on the company's business goals, sales execution standards and brand building initiatives. The successful incumbent will provide CBI and distributor leadership guidance on the luxury tier portfolio by region and initiate growth strategy around brand standards further enhancing the equity of Constellation's marquee fine wine and spirits brands.
Sales Planning and Process, Business Strategy
* Develop and achieve region sales performance targets
* Develop annual Collaborative Business Plans, Periodic Tactical Business Plans, and appropriately partner with Field Sales Managers on the management of Collaborative Business Plans.
* Communicate and implement CBI brand strategy, standards and prioritization with CBI Sales Team; including appropriate focus on luxury on premise business
* Set expectations with key distributor personnel and monitor distribution, shipments, and other sales activities, conducting weekly progress checks of distributor performance.
* Manage luxury wine allocations at a state, distributor and account level to leverage best use, for optimum benefit to gross margin and brand equity.
* Drive a high level of accountability around Brand Standards as it correlates with Trade Channel and the desired on/off premise mix.
* Impactful vintage releases with clear focus on top luxury tier accounts in each state.
* Manage product launches: pricing, inventory, execution strategy, tracking, and measurement
* Clear and concise understanding of luxury tier competitive set including monthly CPR's.
* Strong communication lines with Finance to develop pricing strategy with understanding of financial impact on channel mix focused on feature and luxury tier BTG & DF offerings.
* Monthly review and analysis of (CPRs) competitive pricing reports
* Effective communication with all CBI departments including channel, marketing and S&OP
Market Activation and Key Prestige Regional Account Management
* Participate and advise in business development matters, including sales calls, market blitzes and provide in-market leadership to CBI and distributor sales teams
* Work in conjunction with Marketing to develop story telling sales strategy for each brand.
* Foster and leverage strong personal relationships with all levels of distributor and account management including ownership
* Negotiate, design and execute regional promotional plan
* Provide an unrivaled quality of service to ensure our brands are front of mind with the accounts.
* Leverage account relationships and brand building activities to foster trade advocacy.
* Ensure best-in-class consumer experiences at point of sale that bring to life the uniqueness of our brands, leveraging wine list features, events and staff training.
* Create ownable occasions for our brands in the market (gifting, celebration etc.)
* Embrace key distributor personnel, key accounts and manage hospitality points.
* Ensure price integrity and execution standards are being upheld by CBI staff
* Leverage tools and resources for optimum benefit, e.g. trade events for winemaker visits
Financial Administrations and Analysis
* Deliver annual sales plan and manage the budget
* Provide market intelligence to Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to perform break-even analysis on programming (as applicable)
* Plan and oversight of non-price budget. Negotiate budget with distributor, Senior Directors and manage through FSMs
* Provide S&OP input, forecasting and product allocation
* Review/manage distributor spending/banks and A/R reconciliation, in compliance to specific contractual agreements and company guidelines
* Review and approve SIP requests and non-price initiatives
* Communicate competitive market changes and trends to appropriate CBI functions (Marketing, PR, Strategic Insights, National Accounts)
People Management and Development
* Source, hire, coach, mentor and develop CBI Field Sales Managers of Account Managers
* Set performance direction and ensure continued open dialogue concerning performance
* Network and identify outside talent for potential opportunities within CBI
* Lead Talent Reviews and Succession Planning
* Participate in National Sales Meeting and other development initiatives, including leadership training, wine education, systems training, etc
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Fine Wine credentials (e.g. MW, MS, WSET Diploma or Advanced CMS)
* Deep understanding of how to build fine wine brands in the marketplace
* 7-10 years of fine wine sales, marketing experience or general management experience
* Effective communication and team building skills required
* Ability to influence and persuade others in order to manage business effectively
* Proven track record in team performance
* Effective understanding of budgeting creation and management
* Strong analytical and analysis skills required
* Strong computer skills necessary
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
+ Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
+ Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
+ Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
+ Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.