Privately owned, Terravant Wine Company is focused on highlighting the very best of Santa Barbara and California’s Central Coast winegrowing regions. Located in the Santa Ynez Valley, Terravant’s portfolio includes Summerland Winery, King Chancho, Insomnia, and Flavorbomb; each of which express the uniqueness of their individual sourcing locations.
To help grow our national brand and private label business by delivering exceptional customer service through direct support to production, outside sales, our distributor partners, and national accounts.
Duties and responsibilities
• Receives and reviews all incoming orders for accuracy as it pertains to customer information, product
availability, and pricing. Resolves any order issues and communicates changes to the necessary parties.
• Provides order acknowledgement and any necessary information to third party distributors.
• Enters orders into the ERP system and coordinates with the warehouse and distributor for timely
• Coordinates new customer set up and credit applications.
• Maintains accurate pricing list (FOB/case/territories) and tracks SPAs, DAs and customer performance.
• Communicates accounts receivable balances to customers and the corresponding sales rep.
• Work with production planning to ensure there are no out of stocks.
• Deliver a daily summary of orders and shipments to sales and production.
• Provide support for the outside sales team for samples, sample shipment tracking information, customer
• Supports sales with promotions, programs, displays and communicates status of account issues on a
• Acts as primary source of communication with distributors on product changes including new product
availability, discontinuations and vintage changes.
• Continually seeks to improve the customer service experience.
• BS/BA or equivalent education/job experience.
• Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted business environment.
• Acute attention to detail, strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Must have the confidence and ability to
effectively interface at all levels within the organization and outside the company.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
• Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows.
• Three years of Customer Service experience with a wine industry background preferred.