We are seeking an intern for the 2019 harvest. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, reliable, and safety conscious . This is a great opportunity to work closely with the winemaking team and see all aspects of hands-on winemaking. The intern will have the opportunity to participate in a wide array of cellar duties, such as:
• Daily cleaning and sanitation
• Perform pumpovers and punchdowns
• Yeast inoculations and nutrient additions
• Daily brix and temperature recording
• Racking and barreling down wines
• Drain and dig out red wine tanks
• Can think critically, multitask, and not need constant supervision
• Valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation to work
• Must be able to work 10+ hours per day, 6 to 7 days a week
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Basic math, reading and writing skills
• Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling.
Work will begin by mid August and run through November. Please include a brief cover letter and resume with your application.