As a part of the Wilson Artisan Wineries team, the Tasting Room and Inventory Support Assistant will support the day-to-day functions of the Tasting Room, including inventory control, event logistics and general maintenance of Mazzocco Sonoma Winery. Other duties and projects may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasting Room Support (50%)
• Represents the brand by exceeding customer expectations.
• Handles opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to, setup and breakdown of tables, chairs and all items related to tasting room events.
• Re-stocks wine and merchandise from the stock room into the Tasting Room.
• Completes fulfillment of Tasting Room orders as instructed by the Tasting Room staff.
• Maintains the aesthetics of the winery inside and out as needed.
• Cleans restrooms, empties trash cans, cleans windows, sweeps and dusts as needed.
Inventory Support (30%)
• Makes up club orders as directed by the Inventory Coordinator
• Re-stocks fulfillment room as directed by the Inventory Coordinator
• Consolidates/palletizes shipping manifest orders for pick-up
• Keeps warehouse wine organized with the help of other staff
• Organizes and maintains all stock rooms
• Notifies TR Manager when supplies are low
• Collects and delivers wine for inter-winery sales promotions and competitions
Event Logistics (15%)
• Works with Event Coordinator to set up winery as well as off-site venues
• Coordinates washing of all event glasses
• Runs general errands for event set-up, supply needs, cash drops and bank change.
General Maintenance (5%)
Assists with small maintenance projects around winery to keep all business elements fully functional
• WAW Winery Tasting Room Managers
• Winery inventory & Shipping Coordinators
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – maintains excellent working relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers
• Customer service focus – friendly and helpful demeanor
• Ability to lift, stack and move 45 lb. cases on a regular basis
• Ability to operate a pallet jack
• Acute attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Self-motivated with a high level of accountability and productivity
• Clean DMV record
• Ability to work weekends and evening events
• Previous winery experience
• California Safe Beverage and Food Handler certified
• Fork lift certified
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Fluent in English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to accurately count change back to guests.
Ability to analyze information and make sound decisions based on same. Able to problem solve and ask questions when necessary.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have reliable, insured transportation, a valid CA driver license and an acceptable record.
Ability to become forklift certified.
Ability to complete Safe Beverage and Food Handler certification.
Basic Microsoft Office skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours a day. The employee must lift/pull/push/carry 45 lb. boxes on a repetitive basis. The employee will be required to listen, speak, hear, taste, smell, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Most duties will be performed indoors, including a cooler warehouse. Some duties include being outdoors and driving to different company locations. Employee may occasionally be exposed to wet/humid conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, work in precarious places and possibly be exposed to fumes or airborne particles/chemicals. The noise level is typically moderate. Events may have a higher level of noise at times.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.