Offering more than two decades of management expertise, PlumpJack has built a solid, respected brand with a portfolio of properties that includes wineries, restaurants, bars, retail and resorts. We are growing our team and adding opportunities in our Accounting Department located in Oakville.
• Preparation of the daily miscellaneous deposit for the Winery Division.
• Assist in Audit of individual Cashier Banks and Operating businesses cash on hand.
• Assist in Reconciliation & follow-up of over/short conditions
Accounts Payable Processing:
• Processing of incoming mail
• Invoice out for approval routing & follow-up
• Coding & Posting of Invoices
• AP Check Issuance
• Vendor Inquiry & follow-up
• Vendor Statement Reconciliation
Accounts Receivable Processing:
• Preparation & Collection of Courtesy Account Bills
• Processing & collection of Employee Deduction Receivables
• Processing & collection of Returned Checks & Credit Cards
Daily Sales Flash Report and supporting sales statistics:
• Preparation of the weekly Sales Flash report for the operating businesses
Financial Statements General Ledger:
• Preparation of recurring & non-recurring Journal Entries as assigned.
• Assists in the preparation of the notes to the financial statement.
• Balance Sheet Account Analysis as assigned.
Performs various other functions as may be periodically assigned by the Controller or VP of Finance, including:
• Other special projects or functions as assigned.
• A college degree in Accounting or its equivalent professional experience preferred.
• A minimum of one year work experience in Hospitality Accounting or a related field.
• Moderate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Moderate level of proficiency in ADP PC Payroll for Windows a plus.
• The ability to communicate clearly with peers, and supervisors.
• Ability to work productively and independently with little supervision
• Ability to coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously and prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Must have good judgment, versatility, flexibility
• Must be able to maintain composure and accurately complete tasks and deadlines under pressure and with interruptions
• English fluency required
• Standing/walking approximately 20% of shift
• Sitting at desk approximately 80% of shift
• Ability to work on/through computer approximately 90% of shift
• Ability to use and communicate on telephones, daily
• Occasionally required to handle and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. over short distances