Tule helps farmers make irrigation decisions. We install a proprietary research-based sensor in farmers’ fields. The sensor measures the water use and water stress of the plants in an entire field. Tule uses the field-scale plant data, as well as cutting-edge artificial intelligence models, to provide farmers with irrigation recommendations. Our customers span from the winemakers who farm California's most prized vineyards to the growers at the largest scale almond operations in the Central Valley. Tule is a profitable company that will help generations of farmers maximize production and more efficiently manage natural resources.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Regional Account Manager to support the adoption and expansion of Tule throughout the Central Coast, Sacramento Valley, and San Joaquin Valley. You will ensure that customers get the most out of Tule through engagement, training, and customer support during the season. You will work directly with our customers after the crop growing season to review their data and encourage account growth. Although most of your focus will be on customer success, you will also be responsible for growing Tule’s customer base, generating sales leads and closing deals with new customers.
Tule is made up of a lean, highly-productive and motivated team. At Tule, employees get exposure to a wide array of business functions and technologies. This is a salaried (base salary plus bonus) and full-time role that includes benefits and equity. We are looking for someone who wants to work hard and who can work autonomously.
An outstanding Tule Account Manager will accomplish the following:
1. Develop expertise on Tule product and technology basics within 30 days of employment start date.
2. Attain renewal rate over 90%.
3. Increase existing customer appetite for expansion and achieve an overall expansion rate over 20%.
4. Close $100,000 in new business revenue by managing the sales process from lead generation through closed won.
5. Efficiently respond to all customer questions, ensuring no more than 8 hours pass without an initial response.
6. Develop deep customer relationships by ensuring key account contacts have a personal interaction with Tule (email / phone call / in-person) no less than every 6 weeks.
7. Identify key areas for improvement in training and customer on-boarding, and propose changes to the company’s internal processes within 30 days of employment start date.
8. Identify key areas for improvement in product interface and quantify the increase in sales or customer engagement expected from making these changes.
9. Plan and represent the company at in-person community events and online webinar trainings.
10. Understand the unique use cases and value that each customer derives from Tule, and help them maximize the impact of these use cases within their organization.
11. Respect coworkers by working in a collaborative and considerate manner, by putting team goals ahead of personal agenda, and by working as long and hard as coworkers.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Prioritizes tasks and efficiently works towards completing them.
• Learns quickly and demonstrates the ability to quickly internalize new information.
• Has experience with many software tools and a strong fluency in data analysis.
• Tracks open items and persistently follows up to ensure the job is completed, the question is answered, or the deal is closed.
• Is relentlessly resourceful. If you are expecting to follow an immutable Standard Operating Procedure, you will not succeed in this role.
• Has a high level of attention to detail.
• Understands customer concerns and calmly address questions to find solutions.
• Identifies critical business needs and takes initiative to address them without being asked.
• Has both a genuine interest in agriculture and respect for farmers and their hard work.
• An Associate Degree or higher level education (or relevant experience) in an agriculture-related field.
• Experience in Excel, GSuite, Slack, internal enterprise web platforms, and third-party enterprise customer management tools (e.g., SalesForce, MailChimp) is required.
• Experience with R, Python, and SQL is preferred but not required.
• Previous experience in Account Management is preferred but not required.
• Live in or relocate to San Luis Obispo County, Fresno County, Kings County, Tulare County, or Kern County, and work from home with minimal supervision.
• A valid US Driver’s License with a good driving record, and the ability to drive long distances to industry events, customer offices, and Tule headquarters (Davis, California), staying overnight near these locations as necessary.
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States; Tule will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• Ability to lift objects up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to 8 hours per day.
How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter via winejobs.
*** Applications without resume and cover letter will not be considered ***