This position is designed to provide guests to Kenwood with an outstanding and unique winery experience. Our hospitality representative’s work with a team of skilled professionals to ensure guests receive the best impression of Kenwood, with a focus at all times on customer service, sales and wine club sign-ups. The presentation made to the guests must be carried out properly, professionally, and in a manner consistent with the philosophies and image of Kenwood. Hospitality representatives will have strong knowledge and passion for wine and exhibit enthusiasm in sharing this information with our guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providing guests with an outstanding and unique experience. This includes
o Providing a friendly and sincere greeting
o Educating guests about Kenwood ’s history and wines
o Developing ongoing relationships with guests to stimulate repeat visits and future sales.
o Assisting guests with information and reservations at restaurants, hotels, and other wineries as needed
o Hosting a unique and engaging tasting
o Pouring and describing wines and winemaking techniques
o Setting up and conducting general and private tours and tastings for trade, VIPs or club members
• Promoting and selling Kenwood Wine Club, wine products and gift merchandise
• Handling routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers, accounting for daily sales, and packing guests wine/merchandise purchases.
• Assisting with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP luncheons/dinners
• Setting up visitor’s centers as needed by Manager (menus, glasses, tasting notes, water, and all proper marketing materials)
o Bar duties of opening wine, cleaning buffing wine glasses, restocking
• Answering phones when necessary and understand where to direct incoming calls
• Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Stay current on recent wine reviews, industry issues
• Learn about other wineries and their wines; use that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests.
• Assist Supervisor and Manager, in providing a secure environment at close of day, insuring final security and alarming of the Visitors Center.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned
• Proven sales results, in the wine industry or other
• Knowledge of wine & wine production as would normally be attained through 1-3 years of experience in the wine industry.
• Ability to read, write and speak English; bilingual any other language a plus.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some college level education preferred, specifically in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations.
• Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
• Willingness to operate a fork-lift, prior experience a plus
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs) on a repeated basis.
• Position entails excessive standing and walking, and considerable bending.
• The hospitality/tasting room requires an experienced public contact person able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image.
• Job requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.