More than 250 years of sparkling winemaking experience and ancestorswho defined innovation helped to form today's Domaine Chandon,which continues the tradition of discovery and passion for great winemaking.
Join our winegrowing team and be a key part in growing and creating a truly exceptional quality product!
• Oversee vineyard experiments, design new investigations, collect pertinent data, and propose action when needed
• Cooperate with educational and industry professionals on research projects and participate in industry work groups and committees.
• Research and stay abreast of new technology innovation relative to vineyard renovation, proposing and implementing, in order to ensure best practice for optimal quality.
• Working in close relationship with Domaine Chandon Winemaking team in order to deliver exceptional quality grapes
• Develop the annual vineyard management plans for internal and external operations with Contract Management Companies, including Oversight of the Contract Management's logistical planning/implementation/follow-up program for cultural operations throughout the year and coordinating and attending monthly contract management company meetings to ensure quality and financial standards are met.
• Partner with grape sales winery representatives on developing/implementing vineyard management plans on DCC estate vineyard blocks with intended use different than internal programs.
• Monitor pests and diseases problems in DCC estate vineyards and recommend integrated pest management strategies when action is needed.
• Maintain grape maturity assessment program in DCC estate vineyards
Bachelor of Science degree in Viticulture or related sciences.
English, Spanish preferred but not required.
Professional experience & know how:
• 3 - 5 years of general viticulture experience.
• Experience and knowledge with high end, luxury & quality winegrowing.
• Experience and knowledge with Napa Valley hillside terroir preferred.
• Knowledge/experience with Pest identification/monitoring, Irrigation Water Management and Vine Nutrition.
• Computer skills including database management, spreadsheets, word processing, Internet necessary
• (Microsoft Office Suite and Lotus)
Technical & management skills:
• PCA & PAL licenses.
• Valid CA drivers license with a clean record necessary.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
• Effective communication skills resulting in achieved objectives & enhanced relationships with others
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to work well within a team environment and collaborate effectively with multiple customers/partners
• Customer focused, with an ability to meet simultaneous service level demands both internal and external
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with extended hours, especially during harvest.