The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we strive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Imagery Estate Winery is seeking Seasonal Lab Technicians to work for the harvest season. This role is responsible for performing non-routine & routine chemical/physical analysis, and tests required for quality control, research, and development purposes for the evaluation of raw ingredients, products and processes. Assists in compiling, analyzing and interpreting results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Perform wine quality analysis pertaining to grape maturity, White and Red juice analysis, fermentation tracking, press analysis, monthly QC, barrel monitoring, cellar/aging operations, storage
* Ensures accurate operations of all laboratory equipment/instrumentation such as Y15, Alcolyzer, spectrophotometers, pH meters, aeration-oxidation, cash stills, etc. Ability to troubleshoot when necessary to ensure accurate results
* Additions and preparation of yeast and yeast nutrients to tanks and barrels
* Performs non-routine and routine analysis utilizing appropriate distillation, titrimetric, colorimetric and instrumental methods as required.
* Operates laboratory instruments such as a refractometer, balances, turbidity meters, and other instruments as required to perform duties
* College Level Chemistry or Biology completed
* Previous winery experience desired but we will consider training the right person
* Ability to work in an environment that has changing priorities and multiple projects
* Proficient in the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to learn new programs
* Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
* Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines
* Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
* Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
* Candidates must be flexible to work overtime and up to 6 days a week.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
* Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in a laboratory and production environment
* Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description