Sterling Vineyards was founded in 1964 and soon became known for their excellent Merlot which put Napa on the map for creating top quality wines. The winery itself is an architectural icon in Napa Valley. Modeled after a Greek monastery, Sterling Vineyards was the first winery ever built with the visitor in mind and the only winery in the world with an aerial tram (the winery sits 300 feet above the valley floor where visitors take the tram to access the top quality Bordeaux varietals and majestic 360 degree views of Napa Valley). Today, Sterling is one of the most visited wineries in Napa Valley and one of the largest landowners in Napa, which provides immense opportunity for crafting world-class wines.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Tram Assistant Manager, the Tram Ambassador's primary function is the safe transportation of guests to and from the Visitor Center while providing excellent customer service. They will be accountable to the Tram Assistant Manager, Senior Hospitality Sales Manager, Maintenance Director and Visitor Center Management while transporting and interacting with the visitors and employees of Sterling Vineyards.
Complexity of Role
Support of a 7 day a week operation. The Tram Ambassador must pass a certification on basic Tram Operation Mechanics. The Tram Ambassador must be trained in Van Driving, Tram Evacuations, as well as ADA compliance. The Tram Operator is responsible for the safety of our employees and visitors. This role requires great customer service, as the tram staff provides the first interaction with almost 200,000 visitors annually, it is imperative that this first impression is a first class experience.
* Availability to cover 7 day a week operation.
* Send and Receive cabins at full capacity.
* Participate in Safety, Compliance and Environment Programs, aligned with Treasury Wine Estates Policies.
* Supervise temporary staff members and report back to Tram Assistant Manager.
* Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) For Tram and Winery
* Participate in evacuation Drills.
* Provide services to Sterling Vineyards Hospitality department, when help is needed.
* Cultivate ideas, implement process change to increase efficiencies, improve safety and reduce costs.
* Customer Service.
* Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent prioritization/delegation skills
* Excellent personal safety record.
* Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
* Clean Driving Record
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
Just to name a few:
* 401k with match
* Stock Options
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Comprehensive Benefits Package
* Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
* Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
* Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
* Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today!