We are looking for a fun, enthusiastic, team player to join our winery as a full time Tour Guide and Tasting Room Associate. Ideally we're seeking a competent, mature self-starter, preferably with some wine knowledge, to conduct driving and walking tours of our 88-acre vineyard as well as host guests in our tasting room.
We have a beautiful property in the Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County, and offer a fun, friendly work environment with great perks and benefits. Ideal candidate will have good speaking skills and enjoy entertaining guests as you explain the vineyard and wine making process, followed by a reserve tasting to explain the various wines we offer.
In addition to conducting tours and tastings, you will be required to keep our off-road tour vehicle tidy (including occasional washings), explain and sell our wine club, as well as help out during member dinners, luncheons and other winery events.
Additional daily duties might also include opening and closing the winery, washing and polishing stemware, busing tables, ringing up customers on the cash register, carrying wines to guest vehicles (if asked), sometimes helping prepare food items sold in the tasting room, and processing and shipping phone orders as needed.
You might also be called upon to pour wine at winery events and represent the winery at outside functions as necessary.
• Cheerful, bubbly personality with a great appreciation for people.
• Available to work five days a week, including most weekends,
• Clean, professional appearance and happy demeanor at all times.
• Communicate effectively and accurately with a diverse range of customers
• Ability to take reservations and explain the winery's tasting options in person and on the phone.
• Some hospitality background and proven sales skills highly preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to carry 50 pound cases of wine as needed.
• Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time.
• Some computer skills and the ability to balance a cash register as required.