Responsible for identifying and developing opportunities to improve company internal controls and processes as well as enhance the Internal Audit and Advisory Service (IAAS) activities. Responsible for auditing internal financial and operational controls and procedures to assist management in its assessment of the effectiveness of the company's internal controls over financial reporting.
* Effectively manage audit assignments from planning through reporting, including those made by the external auditor as part of a direct assistance arrangement, focusing on continuous improvement and results with a sense of urgency.
* Assist in the development of testing strategies and design tests of controls to meet the audit objectives, including developing and executing audit programs and testing procedures in accordance with internal audit professional standards.
* Think critically and strategically, understanding the risks and impact of controls.
* Provide guidance on control design to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
* Research and compile data and best practices relating to specific audit projects.
* Provide proactive solutions after exploring issues and opportunities.
* Assist in the development of data analytics and continuous control monitoring programs to identify insights and risks.
* Perform root cause analysis to help identify corrective actions for audit issues.
* Clearly articulate audit issues and their impact to various levels of management.
* Collaborate with all areas of the business and build relationships with key stakeholders.
* Facilitate meetings with management and various key stakeholders.
* Travel requirement: 10-20%; trips of typically two weeks, potentially three weeks' duration
* Bachelor's degree (major in Accounting, or Finance) or equivalent required; MBA preferred; CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA highly desirable
* 3-5 years of experience in public accounting industry with concentration in accounting and finance (manufacturing environment preferred)
* Experience in the consulting and advisory services of Finance
* Experience working with SAP, JD Edwards and Hyperion applications a plus
* Strong knowledge of finance controls and audit principles and techniques
* Working knowledge of accounting principles and business processes
* Experience developing and applying data analytics (e.g., Tableau or ACL) to identify insights and risks across technical, operational and financial audits
* Proficiency in financial aspects of internal auditing
* Familiarity with current best practices and auditing processes, such as risk assessment, monitoring, and self-assessment
* Strong knowledge of internal control concepts, principles, and techniques, including COSO frameworks
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
* Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
* Sitting, working at desk and personal computer for extended periods of time
* Primary work environment is professional corporate office
* Ability to travel commercially
Victor, New York
Finance & Accounting
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).