Renteria Vineyard Management
The Viticulture Technician is an integral part of the Viticulture Department and the Renteria team. Main responsibility of overseeing weekly scouting and reporting of all vineyards as directed by Viticulturist and Director of Viticulture. Directly reports to Viticulturist, who will be creating seasonal, weekly and daily schedules based on activities throughout the growing season. This position will understand the need to balance production and quality of work to align with the company’s goals of growing high-quality wine grapes with a large emphasis on company culture.
Vineyard Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Scout vineyards as needed and directed by supervisor for pests and disease issues, phenological data and vine water status.
• Entering and report findings to viticulture department and daily entries into AgCode.
• Remove, deploy, inspect and identify insects in various traps within vineyard sites.
• Gather and input scouting and phenological information into AgCode Software and generate reports for the viticulture department and RVM team as prompted.
• Collect soil, water and plant tissue (leaves, blades) and virus samples as needed.
• Perform cluster counts and estimates as needed and entering all information into AgCode daily.
• May be required to train and work with vineyard interns to support viticulture team.
• Assist with harvest activities including but not limited to; maturity sampling, lab work, weigh master, reporting etc.
• Assist vineyard management team with any special projects such as; research and development projects, LWP’s, GIS work, and designating harvest zones in vineyards.
• Attend and participate in team meetings and training sessions
• Attend relevant viticulture seminars and continuing education to stay current on vineyard issues.
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s License with a clean DMV record.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
• Education and/or previous experience in Viticulture or Agriculture
• Computer literate
• Strong leadership skills
Full Time Position