Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar.
In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American selections such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, and the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Recently, Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey and Bourbon.
Based in Healdsburg, the PR and Communications Manager is responsible for helping increase visibility and reputation for our corporate entity as well as for brands in our wine and spirits portfolio among key media, stakeholder and consumer audiences. This position reports to the Director of PR and Communications and plays an integral role in the winery’s Communications team, including developing successful media campaigns, securing strategic media coverage, hosting media events, and representing the winery at trade and consumer events. The ideal candidate is able to demonstrate leadership while working collaboratively as part of a growing marketing team at a top-12 U.S. wine marketer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plays a key role in developing public relations plans for corporate and branded initiatives.
• Develops and manages day-to-day relationships with key press outlets in various segments including business, local, beverage, epicurean, lifestyle, green and luxury media.
• Secures coverage from traditional/print, digital and influencer media contacts based on news-focused, seasonal, product release and opportunistic pitches.
• Manages monitoring of key performance indicators and regular reporting to stakeholders.
• Monitors trends to continually recommend optimization and improvements to PR outreach and engagement.
• Assists the PR Director with projects or other duties as assigned.
• Supports ongoing management of corporate PR agency.
• Promotes newsworthy business developments to drive sales and positive media coverage.
• Supports sustainability team in content, spokesperson and other communications endeavors.
• Crisis Communications: Supports issues/crisis management as matters arise, working in partnership with other corporate resources (e.g. HR, legal, etc.).
• Manages wine sends to non-scoring press for editorial consideration.
• Supports Director of PR in wine scoring press relationships and outreach as needed.
• Identifies emerging influencers in beverage, green and lifestyle space, and builds media list and best practice guidelines for engagement.
• Hosts media on property, and oversees planning and follow-ups for media visits.
• Supports winemaker visits to market, securing media interviews, deskside tastings, roundtables and other opportunities.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships and alignments with key members of the media through participation in industry events and organizations.
• Supports development of internal announcements and ongoing strategic employee communications.
• Contributes to development of messaging and content calendar, and suggests best practices for execution.
• Manages newsfeed on LinkedIn corporate page and key job platforms, ensuring timely dissemination of engaging content.
• Supports PR Director with organizational communications matters as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, communications, English or journalism and 5-10 years related experience or equivalent combination education/experience.
• Experience working in PR for fine wine imports or luxury brands, and solid wine and/or epicurean knowledge. In the absence of experience working with wine or epicurean products, is an experienced corporate PR practitioner and willing to learn about the wine business.
• Strong writing skills, excellent phone manners and professional demeanor, and at ease interacting with key partners, colleagues and media at all levels.
• Strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills with ability to independently manage projects to completion.
• Excellent research skills with curiosity fueling a rigorous approach to unearthing information.
• Driven by a desire to deliver unique and compelling pitches to media.
• Advanced computer skills, web-based systems.
• Attention to detail.
• Travel - 10% to 20%.
• Wine certifications such as WSET, CSW or Certified Sommelier a plus.
• Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and how SEO impacts PR.
• Familiarity with web-based content management systems.
• Familiarity with enterprise PR software.
• Content marketing savvy.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry. Send your resume to: http://FetzerVineyards.appone.com. Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable), and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.