The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Harvest Lab Technicians are responsible for chemical / physical analysis on wine, bottling line QA and product and packaging quality assessments. Lab Technicians possess a sense of urgency, take initiative and work with the highest attention to detail. Technicians are responsible for communicating and collaborating effectively with many functional areas within TWG. Perform wine quality analysis pertaining to grape maturity, White and Red juice analysis, fermentation tracking, press analysis, monthly QC, barrel monitoring, cellar/aging operations, storage, etc. Must be able to work Full time during the Harvest season, appx. July - November.
*Compensation: Dependent on experience. Additional Stay Pay Bonus offered for remaining employed for the full harvest Season!*
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Ensures accurate operations of all laboratory equipment/instrumentation such as Y15, Alcolyzer, spectrophotometers, pH meters, aeration-oxidation, cash stills, etc. Ability to troubleshoot when necessary to ensure accurate results
* Additions and preparation of yeast and yeast nutrients to tanks and barrels
* Performs non-routine and routine analysis utilizing appropriate distillation, titrimetric, colorimetric and instrumental methods as required.
* Operates laboratory instruments such as a refractometer, balances, turbidity meters, and other instruments as required to perform duties
* Maintain and calibrate analytical instruments in the laboratory in optimum operation condition.
* Understands the proper use and preparation of standardized chemical solutions used in the laboratory. Ability to perform preparations when needed
* Executes data collection, analysis and reporting of monthly analysis on Inventory of wines held in cellar. Accurately report analysis and flag possible issues
* Validates methods and equipment using a range of analytical techniques and instrumentation
* Biotech Certificate or AS degree in chemistry, food science, biology, process technology, quality assurance, or related field or 2 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety and food safety regulations and operating procedures.
* Possess a positive attitude
* Must be able to work rotating shifts and overtime.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures/protocols.
* Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
* Knowledge of good laboratory practices, including sample and reagent preparation techniques, sample handling and good record keeping.
* Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
* Ability to write reports and correspondence.
* Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
* Possess the ability to work in a fast paced production environment
* Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in the laboratory and or production environment
* Must be able to repeatedly climb 20 feet tank stairs/vertical tank ladders
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description