Mechanic I performs basic mechanical work to maintain various high speed production equipment in good working order. Maintain, repair, and modify existing and new equipment, including the fabrication of simple parts. Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental, and team member's safety.
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment/systems by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Troubleshoot, repair and maintain high speed bottling line equipment.
* Maintain electronic equipment maintenance records.
* Identify and report needed maintenance and repairs to Forman/Bottling Maintenance Supervisor.
* High School Diploma/GED
* 2-5 Years of Experience Required
* Forklift Certified
* LOTO/Confined Space Certified
* Valid CA Driver's License
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard and weekends, as well as long hours may be required.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).