Boars’ View, luxury producer of Sonoma Coast estate wines, handcrafted by legendary winemaker, Thomas Rivers Brown, is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced Brand Manager to continue our success path and create impactful customer outreach and positive sales growth.
The brand is classically styled with a contemporary sales and marketing structure that presents mailing list customers with exclusive release offers via the private member site. The Brand Manager is responsible for creating innovative outreach and compelling communications and opportunities to cultivate new clients, honor loyalists, and grow the brand. The ideal candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of direct to consumer sales, both building and managing programs, and have demonstrated experience creating engaging communications and opportunities that bring clients into the channel.
Acting on their own initiative, and working exclusively out of the business office in Calistoga, CA, the Brand Manager reports to the proprietors and is responsible for partnering with them to successfully develop and guide the sales and marketing plans, communications, key objectives, furthering trade relationships, developing the marketing mix including packaging, promotion materials, merchandise, and coordinating unique opportunity sales events, and perform the business activities of the brand including developing related annual budgets, and overseeing external resources to ensure compliance requirements are met. The role also works closely with the Accounting Manager for financial planning, budgeting, and inventory control.
The Boars’ View team is strong and lean where collaboration to accomplish shared goals is essential. The position offers engagement with many facets of the business and is best suited to the candidate interested in experiencing the broad range of the industry at the highest level.
• Partner with the proprietors to develop brand sales and marketing strategies, messaging, digital communications, client cultivation, customer service, public relations, and special events to grow the brand, and implement all with efficiency.
• Plan and implement direct to consumer and trade sales programs with hands-on participation and oversight of sales, shipments, depletions, and exceptions.
• Develop and implement innovative customer outreach programs, communications, and opportunities that successfully attract new customers and honor loyalists.
• Create sales and marketing budgets, and efficiently manage resources.
• Oversee brand business, work collaboratively and productively with the team.
• Partner with Accounting Manager to review regular close documents including financial, sales, and inventory reports.
• Strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deliver on-time results.
• Resourceful problem solver who exercises sound judgment and makes timely decisions based on accurate information.
• Possess the utmost level of integrity and dependability with a sense of priority and responsiveness.
• Positive, can-do leader that inspires others to bring forward their best effort and achieve excellence.
• Entrepreneurial spirit paired with a willingness to participate with others on any level to achieve company goals.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum two years experience luxury wine brand management, required.
• Minimum two years experience managing direct to consumer sales, required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, preferred.
• Ability to identify key brand assets, analyze the strengths, and develop an integrated plan for sales, marketing, customer outreach and engagement, communication and customer service.
• Experience developing, implementing, and managing direct to consumer online sales programs with comprehensive management through fulfillment.
• Experience with e-commerce platforms, provide details
• Ability to develop customer outreach communication strategy, craft brand message, and then carry it successfully through multiple communication and sales channels.
• Experience with the development of package and marketing materials, managing their progress through the creative process, manufacturing (ordering, reviews, press checks, etc.), and implementation.
• Experience creating and managing marketing and sales budgets that realize financial goals.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills with ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Perform responsibilities with absolute attention to detail and deliver results with accuracy.
• Impeccable and compelling verbal, written and interpersonal skills, and the ability to successfully collaborate with staff, external resources, and customers.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite and Outlook; experience with e-commerce and website platforms a plus.
• Passion for the wine industry is required; knowledge of the winemaking process preferred.
• Moving wine cases will be required from time to time, as such, the ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance is required.
• Take initiative work ethic with an entrepreneurial drive to succeed is essential; must be able to organize time to work independently, and comprehensively, to achieve goals on-time.
• Possess positive leadership skills with an ability to inspire others to achieve beyond expectations.
Additional Application Instructions:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume with cover letter expressing their unique accomplishments that ideally suit them to the position to our office at email@example.com.