Family owned and operated for five generations since 1933, M.S. Walker is a leading wholesaler of fine wines and spirits with headquarters in Massachusetts. We serve retail stores, restaurants, bars and hotels with direct distribution in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Hampshire and New Jersey. We also rectify and bottle our own brands of spirit products which are marketed in 42 states. In addition, we act as a marketing agent within the New England states for many of our Suppliers’ brands and as importer of several national products sourced from regions around the world.
Job Title: Brand Manager NY/NJ
Department: Brand Management
Reports To: General Manager
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and Minimum 5 + years wholesale/supplier management experience- Advanced degree helpful
Job Overview: The primary role of the Brand Manager is to manage the development and performance of advancing an assigned portfolio of brands within the New York/ New Jersey market. The Brand Manager should also maintain the long term best interests of M.S. Walker while fostering the company’s supplier relationships and administering to our mutually agreed upon goals and objectives.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Communicate all pricing, strategies and tactics in a timely manner to pertinent audiences, including: Senior Management, Purchasing, Receiving, Sales Personnel and Administration, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Marketing, and Corporate Offices
• Maintain your portfolio’s profitability through analysis, tracking, and promotional events
• Maintain inventory control and take appropriate action when current turn levels are not in compliance
• Sustain and enhance supplier relations through frequent direct dialogue
• Provide a detailed product and product category information, a consultative sales role in and out of house, as well as formal and informal wine & Spirit education to MSW Sales Personnel and customers
• Thoroughly perform all necessary follow up with particular attention to the time sensitive concerns that impact other company departments, customers, and suppliers
• Channel current press reviews, new vintage release, market data, new package designs, and technical information for sales support materials, pos, and for general resource purposes
• Possess in depth knowledge of supplier’s products along with a very good understanding of the competitive category
• Must be current with Industry trends with particular attention to developments that affect their suppliers and their categories.
Requirements, including but not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5+ years wholesaler/ supplier management experience
• Significant experience promoting, merchandising, communicating products
• Proficient with technology to include use of: Microsoft Suite, Constant Contact, EIS/ Diver, Smart Term/ Navision/ Sapphire
• Able to multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a demanding environment
• Attention to detail
• Travel required, domestic and international