Sonoma winery is seeking an experienced Tasting Room Manger. The applicant for this position must have a passion for wine and guest hospitality, while providing a high-quality, educational tasting experience. Ideal candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work with an emphasis on personal productivity, efficiency, flexibility and positive team interaction. The position requires a detail oriented but energetic personality with excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Manage tasting room, staff and operations on daily basis, opening and closing, providing guests with memorable experience that translates into wine sales
• Assist in hiring and training tasting room staff
• Lead tastings by understanding and relating winery story, vineyards and wines, sharing appropriate information and educating guests about our wines, and brand history.
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests.
• Able to effectively resolve any guest dissatisfaction.
• Accurately operates POS system and other tasting room equipment.
• Ensures that tasting room is properly stocked and inventory is being accurately recorded with daily inventory reconciliation.
• Accurately reconciles daily sales and posts transactions.
• Demonstrates personal accountability by completing all job duties in a correct and timely manner and by following all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining the tasting room environment by ensuring it’s inviting and appealing. Includes but not limited to sweeping, mopping, disposing of trash, wiping counters and tabletops, cleaning and polishing glassware, etc.
• Interact with local Sonoma community
• Organize and facilitate pick-ups of wine club shipments
• Previous tasting room experience preferred
• Wine knowledge with an excellent palate
• Fine wine sales experience with a proven ability in closing and up-selling
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Polished customer service skills and sound judgement
• Team player with a professional appearance, attitude and positive disposition
• Experience with Wine Direct POS system a plus, or ability to quickly learn as well understand Ship Compliance regulations affecting countrywide shipping system in order respond to guests’ diverse shipping needs
• Tasting presentations require long periods of time standing and speaking to customers
• Must be 21 years of age
• Schedule could vary but will include weekends and some holidays
• Able to sit, stand in place and walk for long periods of time
• Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs
• Able to reach, kneel, stoop and balance