Anticipated Hire Date: Summer 2019
Contact: Jeremy Benson
Full time, Permanent. Office Location: Napa, CA or New York, NY.
Benson Marketing Group is a leading marketing agency providing branding, PR, digital marketing and advocacy marketing services from offices in New York, Napa Valley and Lyon. The agency operates as one, highly-integrated, international company. Wine and spirits clients benefit from working with cross-functional account teams and the opportunities that arise by working with a well-connected, creative agency with a reputable client roster. Our teammates benefit by working with a wide range of clients and campaigns within a collaborative team environment, building and broadening marketing skills. Benson’s combination of industry focus and service integration is unique in the wine category; it is a key reason Benson’s average client engagement exceeds four years.
Attractive benefits include healthcare insurance, 401(k) program, profit sharing program, generous paid vacation benefits, plus a sabbatical program.
Nature & Scope of Position
Are you a born communicator, master networker and savvy trend watcher? Do you have a natural curiosity, think like an editor, write like a journalist, and excel at landing your clients in the news? Are you passionate about wine, spirits and beverage trends? Do you want to expand your marketing skills in new areas? If this describes you, then we want to talk to you! Benson has an immediate opening in our Napa or New York office for a marketing communications pro who wants to take his or her career to the next level.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
• Communicating directly with writers about the agency’s A-list roster of clients
• Conceiving story angles appropriate for editors, writers, freelancers and/or influencers
• Developing and maintaining relationships with writers on behalf of clients and the agency
• Integrating PR, social and digital marketing campaigns
• Writing and editing press materials
• Reporting project status and results to clients
The successful candidate will have 3-6 years of media and marketing communications experience—preferably in the wine or spirits industry—and be able to demonstrate the following:
• A proven track record of generating media coverage for brands
• A love of connecting brands with writers and influencers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Interest and openness to learning new marcom skills
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• A proactive communicator and team player
• A demonstrated intent to develop marketing skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree ideally in a liberal arts field
• Candidates should be prepared to show writing samples (both formal and informal)