The Assistant Winemaker is responsible for overseeing winery operations and working in the winery with staff. Wrath is a 16K case facility currently processing about 250 tons a year. This job entails running of winery and crew and bottling line. It is an operational winemaking job with the ability to move up in a small boutique wine company. All aspects of the winemaking process are encompassed in this job. This position reports to the Winemaker and Owner and is under direction of the Winemaker.
• Degree in Viticulture/Enology or related field required.
• Cellar experience a plus.
• Bottling line experience, a plus.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
START DATE: Immediately
• Oversee daily, monthly, and final analysis of wines
• Maintain productions books
• Coordinate with custom crush clients, both during and after harvest regarding processing, scheduling, bottling etc.
• Maintain clean an organized cellar and winery
• Run in house laboratory analysis
• Get wine amendments/additions approved as are needed
• Evaluate wine quality
• Ensure winemaking protocols are adhered to
• Organize and execute bottling for Wrath and all clients processing as AP/Custom Crush in the winery
• Schedule and Run crew during bottling and harvest
• Cellar experience a plus
• Bottling experience, a plus
• You will gain experience running Wrath’s bottling line for Wrath and its clients
• Oversee fulltime production and harvest crews
• Organize collection and accuracy of vineyard data
• Organize bin delivery and pickup of fruit
• Schedule vineyard sampling and analysis