Hawks View Winery is 51 acres of uniquely contoured, loess-derived, Laurelwood soil in Oregon's Chehalem Mountains AVA. We are a micro-boutique producer of ultra premium Pinot noir, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay made using fruit from our vineyard Estate.
Hawks View Winery is looking to hire 2 experienced, temporary, Full-Time Harvest Production Assistants to join our team for 2019 Harvest season. These two assistants will work directly with our veteran Oregon winemaker to help craft our cool climate wines. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in every aspect of harvest and wine production, working as part of a small harvest team.
The ideal candidate must be hard working, reliable, and meticulous. Must be able to work flexible hours, up to 12 hour days, 7 days a week (however there will be days off), have transportation to the winery, and living arrangements figured out. Looking for at least one assistant to start first of September and work until early-mid November. Must have a US Work Permit and transportation to work. Wage dependent on experience, but first-time harvest workers need not apply.
Seasonal lodging possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Fruit Processing
• Sanitation of processing lines/cellar equipment
• Punch downs/Pumpover
• Barrel work
• Wine movements
• Draining and pressing of tanks
• Lots and lots of miscellaneous cleaning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 2+ harvests required
• Positive attitude
• Candidates should have good communication skills, reliability, punctuality, and be prepared for the potential long hours.
• This includes overtime, weekends, day or night shifts, and holidays. Candidate’s schedule must be flexible to cater to incoming fruit.
• This is a physical job that requires lifting up to 50 lbs and walking multiple miles/day.
• Forklift experience is very much preferred if not essential
Only qualified candidates will be considered. Must have U.S.work permit.