Flâneur Wines in the beautiful Willamette Valley is looking for one more seasonal cellar hand to join us for the 2019 vintage. This paid internship will be a full time (for the duration of crush). We are a very small producer focusing on Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Sparkling wines. Since our case production is so small this job entails doing a little bit of everything; vineyard, cellar and lab. We have 40 acres of estate fruit split between two AVA'S that are all organically farmed.
Job Description: Under supervision performs cellar, vineyard and laboratory work.
-Vineyard sampling (Often in inclement weather for extended periods of time)
-Daily data collection in cellar
-Additions to fermentors
-The use of various pumps, sorting lines, de-stemmers, etc.
-Wine sampling and preparation
-Ability to safely operate a flatbed truck and forklift
-Lots of cleaning
- MOST IMPORTANT: Possess a positive attitude, passion for winemaking and a sense of humor
- Fluent in English or as a second language required
- Valid drivers lisence
- Previous wine production experience
- Ability to work long hours, including nights & weekends
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Able to perform physically demanding & repetitive tasks
- Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs. (~23kg) minimum
- Ability to execute written work orders with speed and precision
- Able to communicate clearly and honestly
- Attention to detail oriented
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques
- Good reading, writing and math skills
- The position would start Mid August. 1-2 past vintages strongly preferred. Housing and transportation not provided (but we can help find a place). Winery located 1 hour sw of Portland in Carlton, OR.
Please write to us with your CV/Resume a cover letter telling us about yourself and experience.