Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment where every detail must be painstakingly managed to show the expertise of craft in the glass? Are you driven to make world-class wines?
If so, we want you on our 2019 Harvest team!
Ledson is a family-owned winery located in Sonoma. Our focus is on making world-class wines from the Sonoma and Napa Valleys. Our small winemaking team will give you the opportunity to work side by side with us in all aspects of production.
• Winery and equipment cleaning & sanitation.
• Fruit receiving, sorting, and processing.
• Fermentation management including pumpovers, punchdowns, barrel fermentation management, brix and temp checks, nutrient additions, inoculations, and pressing.
• General cellar work including sampling, racking, barreling down, topping, and bottling.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Punctual, motivated, and a positive team player.
• Must have excellent multitasking
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• We have fun, but this is a professional place of business.
• Previous winemaking and cellar experience preferred, but not necessary.
• Previous forklift experience preferred, but not necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and remain on feet for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb a ladder on a regular basis.
• Must be available to work long hours, including weekends, as needed throughout harvest.
• Must be able to communicate clearly in English.
• Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
• Must be able to work in cold, wet, slippery and noisy environment
• Work will primarily occur in Sonoma.
This is a temporary position anticipated to commence in mid-August.