Merry Edwards Winery in Sebastopol seeks the perfect candidate to complete our thriving Tasting Room. The applicant for this position must love hospitality with a contagious enthusiasm for wine, and enjoy providing a high-quality, educational tasting experience.
The company culture is family-based with an emphasis on personal productivity, efficiency, flexibility and positive team interaction. The position requires a calm but energetic personality with excellent sales and customer service skills.
Our Tasting Room team promotes a sense of synergy and support with an adept focus on selling our ultra-premium wine through a unique guest experience.
• Provide guests with memorable experience that translates into wine sales
• Lead tastings by interweaving wine, viticulture, and regional knowledge with the compelling story of Merry Edwards Winery
• Operate POS system, create shipping invoices, confidently handle all customer shipping questions
• Daily inventory, reconciliation and restocking
• Administrative duties related to shipping, mailing list, data entry and appointment scheduling
• Maintain an organized and clean work environment
• Previous tasting room experience preferred
• Wine knowledge with strong interest in continuous wine education
• Fine wine sales experience with a proven ability in closing and up-selling
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Polished customer service skills and sound judgement
• Team player with a professional attitude and positive disposition
• Ability to learn our proprietary computer system and our complex, countrywide shipping system in order to respond to guests’ diverse shipping needs
• Tasting presentations require long periods of time standing and speaking to customers
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Schedule could vary but will include weekends and some holidays
No walk-ins or phone calls please. Applicant should live within a 40 minute commute of winery.
Type of Work:
Full Time or Part Time
DTC, Tasting Room and Retail
Hourly, based upon experience. F/T benefits include employer paid health insurance, vacation, wine education reimbursement.