Scribner Bend Vineyards, Sacramento CA
For over 5 generations the Scribner’s have been farming the deep rich soils along the Sacramento River Delta in an area known as Scribner's Bend. Today, the Scribner Family continues to farm their land with the vineyards being the forefront of their operation. The warm summer days and cooler evening breezes from the Delta create a unique micro-climate for growing grapes.
Apply today to be part of this dynamic, forward thinking winery. Scribner Bend Vineyards grows 19 varieties and produce all types of wines: sparkling, orange, varietals, blends, and dessert. We are continuously growing and we are looking fora lead winemaker that will bring their talents and creativity to the wine making process.
As with most small wineries, the duties are hands on and will vary greatly - harvesting, processing, fermentation, bottling, equipment and facility maintenance, manage inventory, maintain bulk wine and case goods, bulk grape sales, maintaining records, lab analysis, and vineyard management. Candidate must be a creative thinker and anxious to become the lead winemaker of an estate winery.
Candidates must be able to work flexible hours which can include weekends.
Full time or part time.
• Bachelor's Degree in enology, or enology/viticulture or closely related field.
• Successful wine making experience.
• Strong leadership, organizational, problem solving skills, attention to detail.
• Physical ability to inspect all areas of the winery and vineyard
• Can lift up to 50 pounds.
• Candidates must be able to work independently, handle themselves with professional decorum and work effectively with coworkers.
• Valid driver's license with clean driving record and forklift experience.
• Excellent math and record keeping skills.
• Fluency in Spanish a bonus.