Coastal Vineyard Care Associates, the Central Coast leading management company has a career opportunity for a talented Assistant Vineyard Supervisor. This position will assist the ranch manager to oversee general ranch operations in order to successfully produce and grow wine grapes. Generate and monitor work assignments and quality of cultural work to achieve satisfactory grape yields and grape quality. Under the direction of the ranch manager, oversee all ranch responsibilities to include but not limited to, harvest, pest, equipment management, irrigation systems, ranch safety, and administration. Assist in annual grape production forecasts as necessary. Participate in production expense reviews in order to operate within company approved expenditures.
• This position supervises numerous employees and activities
• Some office environment.
• majority of field work in vineyards, vineyard development sites, ranch sites
• Ability to communicate expected goals to managers and measure progress against project schedule and budget and report any potential variance
• Ability to plan, coordinate and execute the farming activities on budget and on schedule
• Local, state and federal reporting requirements (gather and organize data - water, etc.)
• Schedule, procure material and oversee implementation of pest/fungicide/herbicide/fertilizer program
• Ability to assist in managing the operating business to produce a profit by providing real- time, constructive feedback on how policy and procedures and business operations can be improved
• Ensure employee time cards are completed accurately and turned into the office on-time
• Work with Human Resource & Safety department to ensure injury and accident reports are completed accurately and employee injuries are managed to completion
• Enforce company safety, training and competency policies
Requires a minimum of three years’ experience in wine grape farming and management of personnel .
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Computer skills and record keeping skills.
Ability to work outside year-round about 95% of the time.
We offer a Competitive Salary, with Benefits and Sick Pay